Human Resources (HR) Internship
- £360 per week
- Apply by:
- 30th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
What does our HR internship look like?
At Arriva we want to give the very best people the opportunity to break into the industry and help us transform our business. As an Arriva intern, you will complete a 7 week long placement in our London office, which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. You will have the chance to carry out tasks in all areas of HR and work alongside an experienced team of leaders, who will be there to assist you as you make your first steps into HR.
We believe that an internship is only worth doing if you are treated as a valued member of the team from day one. That’s why for all of our interns, we ensure you are given appropriate responsibility right from the offset. You will be instantly placed in a team of seasoned professionals who will need your help to ensure Arriva continues to provide the excellent HR experience we always have done. We know how unrewarding it feels to be left with nothing to do on a scheme like this, which is why here at Arriva we can assure that there will always be opportunity for those who want to feel continually pushed to do bigger and better things!
Working in the Human Resources team you will not only help to ensure that we operate ethically, legally and responsibly but you will also be involved in our talent, engagement, and attraction strategies.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
· Talent Acquisition – Creating a compelling EVP and a world class candidate experience
· Talent Development – Mapping, developing and delivering amazing learning interventions
· Human Resources – connecting our people strategy with our functions, teams and operations
· Employee Relations – Keeping us legal and developing our IR strategy
· Engagement – Creating an engaging working environment with great leaders leading teams
What we are looking for
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious students to join our fantastic HR internship scheme, this will be your chance to help continue our high support and challenge partnership with senior leadership to make a real impact from the word go.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
· You must be currently studying your second academic year at university
· You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
· You will have a forward-thinking approach
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
· You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
· See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
· All applicants must have citizenship or the right to work in the UK and unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work permits
If you’re looking to break into HR and establish a foothold in one of the most competitive industries there is, let us be your springboard to success.
Sign up for job alerts - its free