Human Resources Graduate Programme - Civil Service Fast Stream
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 23rd October 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
The award-winning Fast Stream is the leadership development programme that develops the highest potential graduates to become the future leaders of the Civil Service. Joining the Fast Stream offers the unique opportunity to make a difference to the whole of society. The Civil Service supports the government of the day to implement its policies effectively. Fast Streamers help to shape the decisions that will affect everyone’s lives and to deliver the public services that we all rely on.
As an HR Fast Streamer you will make a valuable contribution to the organisations you support and to the individuals who make up our diverse workforces across the UK. Effective Human Resources (HR) are essential to the smooth running of the Civil Service.
Due to the size and complexity of the profession, it’s a huge intellectual challenge. The fast-paced nature of this high profile work, often influenced by national and world events, means that the Civil Service is always an exciting and unpredictable place to work.
You will work within both strategic and operational HR, experiencing different regions, cultures and working environments. Assignments will include HR business partnering, organisational design and development, reward and recognition, employee relations, policy development, training analysis and design, and talent management.
You'll have exposure to a wide range of opportunities across different departments. You'll work on some fantastic projects with senior leaders at the heart of policy and operational delivery. You'll have the opportunity to influence policy, engage with key stakeholders and build a portfolio of skills in areas such as talent management, employee relations, engagement and building capability.
HR Fast Streamers are developed in the skills they need to be the future leaders of the Civil Service. You'll get CIPD accreditation and you will study towards completing an HR professional qualification at Level 7. The minimum starting salary is £28,000. Successful completion and promotion of the scheme will see you earn £45,000 to £55,000.
You receive support and training throughout your time on the scheme, including:
- The CIPD is the recognised professional association for HR. As part of the Civil Service HR professional development initiative, you'll study towards a Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management.
- Support from Line Manager and Talent Coach to ensure you are acquiring the right learning to support your development.
- 5 days of paid study leave per placement and also paid time off for exams and module lectures.You will need to complete some of the requirements of the course in your own time.
- The Fast Stream Core Curriculum comprises a range of other learning includes pre-booked courses, e-learning, post-specific learning, and action learning sets.
We support applicants with health conditions, learning difficulties and disabilities, with their applications and through their Civil Service careers. We operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. If you have a disability and meet the minimum qualifying criteria for your chosen scheme, you may choose to skip part of the first stage of the assessment process.
You can choose up to 4 scheme preferences when you apply to the Fast
Stream. So, whether you are looking for your first graduate role,
seeking to return to work, or change profession, the Fast Stream is the
ideal place to progress a meaningful, fulfilling career.
Click below to apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free