About the programme
Human Factors has a crucial role in maintaining Babcock’s high safety standards – whether it’s nuclear, radiological, conventional or environmental safety. Over the course of two years, you will work across a range of teams, projects and facilities, using the full breadth of your specialist knowledge to make a positive contribution to safe operations.
Human Factors and Behavioural Safety at Babcock
Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you will undertake a wide variety of exciting projects. These could cover the full design and safety lifecycle, from concept development through to construction, in-service support and decommissioning, as well as incident investigation and reporting and learning from events. You’ll ensure that end users are set up for success in terms of having the right equipment, working environment, knowledge, procedures and organisational support to do their jobs safely. There will also be the opportunity to be involved in training, sharing and learning from events, developing safety culture and safety engagement.
There will also be the opportunity to be involved in training, developing safety culture and safety engagement.
What you'll need
- A BSc (Hons) degree in a Human Factors, Ergonomics or related Behavioural Science subject (e.g. Applied Psychology, Cognitive Science or Systems Engineering)
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.