|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Sectors:||Banking, Retail, Finance|
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retails Banking and Wealth Management.
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are flexible, passionate about people and are highly driven with high levels of integrity. Over two years, you’ll become a vital part of our business learning how we lead and manage both people and projects across the UK to deliver our business strategy.
Through four six-month placements in different areas and geographic locations, you’ll experience our business in its entirety. This could cover HSBC, first direct and M&S Bank working in all office locations including Head Office and sometimes in the frontline as a manager in our branch network and contact centres.
You’ll have a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a senior business mentor, a dedicated programme manager and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. In this way, you will develop the key stakeholder and leadership skills, as well as strategic thinking – all of which are crucial in this area of our business.
On completion there are many different routes your career path could take you and we work with you to develop this. Typically our alumni move into roles with Products & Propositions and Sales & Distribution with includes areas of our business such as Digital, Customer Value Management, Chief Operating Office, Premier & Wealth, Business Performance, Transformation and many more.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Build on project management skills, key stakeholder management and understanding of strategic context, whilst developing confidence around senior managers
• Develop people management skills like performance management, motivating, coaching, absence management, fostering open communication etc.
• Contributes new thinking to improve performance and effectively challenge, inspire and develop others.
• Builds professional relationships based on respect and credibility focussed on motivation and engagement.
• Create a customer centric culture by taking ownership of customer experience
• Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
• Proactively manage financial and non-financial risks and help promote HSBC's balanced risk culture
The ideal candidate for this role will:
• Have a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained), and 300 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
• Be available to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. you will be required to relocate across the UK based upon placement opportunities, commitment to being nationally mobile in this role is essential
• Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance
• Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
• Have worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be a proactive forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, passionate about customer service skills with a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and a keen interest in business development.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
At the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the programme.
The location for this role is UK wide and therefore each rotation may be in a different location across the UK.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
competitive plus benefits South West, Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, North Petherton ASAP
£21.000 – £24.000 plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
£23,000 to £35,000 OTE plus benefits International (Europe), International Ongoing