WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about growing commercial business and have high levels of integrity.
Over 18 months, through three six-month placements, you’ll gain broad experience of the business across relationship management, risk and product disciplines.
This will be backed up with a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a dedicated programme manager and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. In this way, you will learn about client satisfaction, the impact of governance and risk management, you’ll work on key products and have the chance to oversee business projects.
On completion, you’ll be ready to move into a challenging relationship-led or specialist role:
Depending on your preference, this could mean you are managing your own portfolio of Business Banking customers or supporting Relationship Managers who meet the needs of our MME and Large Corporate customers. Alternatively you could move on to support the management of a portfolio of clients across CMB, helping advise on various different products we provide to our clients or maximise your understanding of clients’ needs to manage and develop existing products, or even move on to become a Sales Manager generating new income for the business, or develop customer focused, globally competitive products as a Direct Channel Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Achieve a technical understanding In Commercial Banking, its products, solutions, systems and procedures
• Develop communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills working as a part of the Commercial Banking Team
• Build business skills, including prioritisation and time management, understand strategic context and develop confidence around senior managers
• Analysis of financial and non-financial information, taking into account the economic and regulatory environment in your analysis
• Take responsibility for tracking and recording customer information, preparing standardised reports
• Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
The ideal candidate for this role will:
• Have a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained), and 300 UCAS points or equivalent across your top three subjects (excluding General Studies)
• Be available to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. you will be required to relocate across the UK based upon placement opportunities, commitment to being nationally mobile in this role is essential
• Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance
• Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
• Have worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
At the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the programme.
The location for this role is UK wide and therefore each rotation may be in a different location across the UK.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
£19,000 rising to £30,000 + Benefits South East 1-Apr-2018
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£26,500 plus benefits plus Bonus South West, Malmesbury Various
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Wales, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various