HR Graduate Programme
Are you passionate about People and HR? Looking for a new challenge to kickstart your career?
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, we take pride in our approach to People and HR across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated HR Graduate to be part of our high-performing teams. You will be a key part of our HR Team, based at our advanced manufacturing sites located in either Telford (Shropshire) or Hereford.
Purpose of the role
Our People function is central to ensuring we can attract, recruit, and develop the right people to work with us. People are what make us at Avara Foods, they are central to what we do and deliver, and the diverse nature and skillset of our colleagues allows us to have ambitious growth plans.
As a HR Graduate you will be joining our HR Teams on a 24 – 36 months varied and challenging programme, developing your skills, and raising your strategic awareness. Over the programme you will gain an insight and understanding of how the People Function operate and deliver a service to the wider business. This will include insight and experience in Employee Relations, Shared Service functions such as Payroll, Recruitment, Training and People Management. A typical first placement may see you as a HR Advisor or a Recruitment Co-Ordinator at one of our operational sites.
Your key responsibilities as an HR Graduate will include:
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of HR processes, including employee relations, people management, learning and development, recruitment and how we communicate with our colleagues
- Continually looking at ways we can improve our processes and drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives
- Getting involved in functional or site projects to develop your project management skills, whilst working with key cross functional stakeholders
- Growing and developing your people skills by leading and influencing those around you
- Gaining a full understanding of the business supply chain and how to HR partner to deliver the business objectives
- Opportunity to work towards and gain your CIPD or work towards your next level if you haven’t already got this
- Acting as a mentor in our local communities and across our schools network to promote and engage with young students who are passionate about starting and developing their careers
This role will be varied and at times challenging. You should expect to spend some time in the factory environment to understand our people and processes.
What are the requirements to apply
We are looking for a driven and ambitious HR Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
- Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) and gained CCC at A Level, with evidence of academic achievement. A degree in HR or Business Management is ideal but not essential to the role – you must be a people person
- Proven interest within HR and pursuing a HR career Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive tasks
- Have a naturally collaborative nature and be a people person
- Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
- Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving your personal development
Salary and benefits
- £28,000 starting salary with a review every 6 months on your programme Fully funded professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role
- Relocation Allowance – we will support you if you rotate or move around for the duration of your programme 5% employer contribution towards Pension
- 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays
- Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
- We have a duty of care to our colleagues and wouldn't want you to spend a large amount of time commuting, so we require our graduates to be based within a reasonable radius of their placement location. Relocation support is available.
You will be invited to a Discovery Video Interview and online assessment. Once completed the final stage of the process will happen at one of Avara’s sites.
Avara is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate programme operations food manufacturing avara foods
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train - Nationwide
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
£25,000 to £27,000 dependent upon location
London, The East, Peterborough
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
£22,000 to £25,000
London, North West, International, Manchester
Business Analyst Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Grad Level Recruitment Consultant
20,000 + relocation package if moving to Bristol
G2V Recruitment Group Ltd
South West, Nationwide, Bristol
Sponsored Graduate Programme 2022 - Midlands & North
DHL Global Forwarding
East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire