Health Physics Graduate Programme
About the programme
When it comes to safety, we insist on the highest standards – everywhere. Especially in our radiological projects at Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth. Over the course of two years, you’ll move from team to team, learning how we protect our people and the environment while we work on critical challenges.
Health Physics at Babcock
Any kind of nuclear engineering is complex, but when you’re working on the world’s first submarine dismantling project, you’re faced with new challenges every day. As part of a team of people with lots of different skills, you’ll make sure that the site’s safety arrangements and environmental requirements are always up to scratch.
What you'll need
- A BSc (Hons) degree in a Science subject
- Any kind of postgraduate qualification in this area, such as an MSc or PG (Dip) in Radiological Protection, would be very useful
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Babcock International Group Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
Initially was a telephone interview, which lasted 20 minutes. At the assessment centre there was a one on one hour interview. Consisted of 9 competency questions which needed...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :health graduate programme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Science Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh
KPMG 2023 Technology Engineering Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
NPL Graduate Research Scientist Programme
National Physical Laboratory
London, Scotland, Teddington
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Engineer
London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
Control, Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering Graduate Programme
10Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth