Health & Safety Advisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Business Risk Team as a Health & Safety Advisor. As a Health & Safety Advisor, you will support the business in ensuring that the Retail and Distribution network operates in a safe manner and complies with the requirement of all relevant Health, Safety and Fire Legislation.
Health & Safety Advisor - The role
• Support the Group Health and Safety Manager in developing and maintaining all elements of Matalan?s Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
• Provide information, technical specialist advice and guidance in line with current UK Health and Safety Legislation.
• Undertake H&S Inspection/Audits of stores to check compliance against management standards of occupational health and safety.
• Maintain the Stores Health and Safety Inspection data base to monitor the audit program.
• Monitor, and where necessary investigate accidents / dangerous occurrences. Actively seek measures to prevent reoccurrence resulting in a reduction in accident numbers.
• Create monthly accident trend analysis information in preparation for the Board Paper
• Liaise, on behalf of the Group Health and Safety Manager, with external enforcement agencies in relation to health, safety and fire compliance matters.
• Support and facilitate the Stores Health and Safety for Managers course.
• Promote a positive safety culture through a comprehensive programme of training & development, effective communication, detailed guidance and clear leadership.
• Ensure compliance with standards required by the Regulatory Authorities and Insurance Surveyors and to manage risk improvement measures, feeding back where necessary.
• Collate and input data on the bi-annual fire risk assessment, evacuation and training programme.
• Undertake, revise operational risk assessments and introduce risk reduction strategies. Where required, build these strategies into the Safety Management System.
• Liaise where appropriate with Health, Safety and Fire Safety Enforcement Officers - ensuring any identified non compliances are actioned.
• Work with Matalan Insurance Brokers on various risk management projects such as annual Risk management Surveys - ensuring all actions are carried out in a timely manner
• Maintain the store Health & Safety Files and associated information.
• Collate and distribute the monthly news letter and accident statistics.
• Provide administrative support to the Business Risk Team in general where required.
• Carry out any additional tasks required by your Line Manager.
• To establish strong relationships with key colleagues in the Business Risk Team, Store Managers, Regional Managers, Head Office and other functions within Matalan, to identify issues and develop solutions.
• Provide advice and support to the Facilities Department to ensure full health, safety and fire legislative compliance of all contractor activity on our premises
Health & Safety Advisor - The Candidate:
• Hold Technical Specialist status with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH) with participation in the CPD (Continued Professional Development scheme).
• Hold as a minimum a NEBOSH General Certificate.
• Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Fire Legislation, UK and EC Legislation.
• Experience holding a similar role in health and safety. Preferably within a Retail environment.
• Experience of creating and facilitating health and safety training at across many disciplines.
• Experience of undertaking inspection / audits across a multi site business and reporting on the results accordingly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with all levels within the group. Ability to influence up as well as down.
• Able to adopt a continuous improvement approach to meet the challenges presented by a fast moving retail environment.
• Robust, resilient and assertive, not afraid to make decisions.
• Ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet any required specific deadlines.
• Strong IT skills, having a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Crystal reporting and PowerPoint.
• Excellent standard of communication skill, with a strong attention to detail.
• Naturally enthusiastic with the ability to deliver solutions.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
£22,000 + 12K bonus and uncapped commiss plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London, Central London ASAP
£22000 to £52000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme London
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Slovakia ASAP
20k to 24k + 50k OTE negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses pro rata plus share scheme salary review London, Central London ASAP
£24,000 Basic/£45,000 OTE plus OTE London ASAP
£24,000 to £45,000 OTE + Benefits plus OTE London, Glasgow, North West, Scotland, Manchester ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
Competitive Nationwide Ongoing
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus International (Europe), London 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£20,000 plus commission and incentives plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus Germany, London, United States ASAP
£25000 to 30000 per annum West Midlands 20-May-2017
£27000 to 29000 per annum plus share scheme London 6-Jun-2017
Competitive + Benefits + Bonus London ASAP
£40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits United Kingdom, Nationwide ASAP
£22k basic, OTE £28k depending on experience plus OTE London, Central London ASAP