HCL Technologies - Graduate Opportunities
- Competitive + Benefits
- London, International (Europe), Egham
- 15th December 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Graduate – SAP Cloud Platform Technologies
Location: HCL - Egham, Surrey + Travel
HCL is a global pioneer in leveraging leading Technology to drive value realisation. By helping our clients undertake and manage large scale change in order to create a step change in their business performance, we are focused on achieving business outcomes and driving predictable results.
Recognised by SAP as a Strategic Partner and implementer of SAP solutions HCL has a long track record of innovation in SAP Technologies and continues to lead SAP implementation in cloud platforms and cloud-based solutions.
We are currently looking to expand our Technical Team with the addition of exceptional graduates who are keen to explore and understand SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) Technology.
Having excellent academic credentials – (Computer Science, Joint Computing Science or degree course with significant Computing elements) and creative problem solving skills you’ll not only be technically strong, but also have the ability to learn and adapt to evolving cloud opportunities and trends, and understand how these can be applied to drive business value.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Desire to learn and understand new technology
- Creative, problem solving ability
- Excellent academic credentials – Computer Science, Joint Computing Science or degree course with significant Computing elements strongly desirable, ideally 2.1 or above.
- Advantageous skills and experience (not all expected): Python; Java; HTML5, any awareness of ERP applications such as SAP.
- Professional – exceptional levels of personal presentation and professionalism
- Self-starter, able to quickly pick up new skills and learn from experienced professionals and both work independently and as part of a team. Able to work well with a Mentor and maximize their input with minimal input and disruption.
- Flexible – adaptable to different environments, business, cultures and types of work, this can include flexibility on working hours and weekends if project timelines drive critical timelines (time off in lieu would then be arranged).
- Good communication skills including ability to confidently and articulately interact with colleagues in written and oral forms, ability to inform and influence a group whilst also able to listen to guidance, draw out requirements and if necessary understand concerns/issues.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including ability to confidently and articulately present to a wide range of people or groups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), advantageous experience in any code development tools, i.e Eclipse.
Responsibilities will include:
- Rapidly understanding emerging SAP technologies and opportunities in SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) technologies and awareness of wider Cloud trends and Technologies.
- Develop understanding and development capabilities in SCP, this can include using SAP’s UI5) Front end applications to complete simpler modifications and enhancement to other End business users Fiori Apps, extending SAP’s data model with customer specific fields or logic. More in-depth developments could include developing more Common Data Services (CDS) to provide more specific customer views on underlying SAP data with options to interact (i.e Create, Read, Update, Delete “CRUD”) with the data which is realized via SAP ODATA.
- Creating prototypes, proof of concepts and demos in new technologies, often requiring integration across the SAP landscape, linking to other systems or web/cloud Services
- Working on client sites within Technical delivery teams realizing Cloud Platform solutions.
- Develop an understanding of the business processes, data processing, implementation approach and setup of SAP applications within large corporations.
- Opportunity to learn SAP solutions and complete self-learning leading to formal certification.
Ideally based in West London/Surrey borders, commutable of Egham, Surrey.
Candidates must be 100% flexible to travel.
Our work takes us to client sites which could be anywhere in the UK or Europe, which may require being away from home Monday to Friday for extended periods of time..
Please provide a full CV and a description of how you have solved a problem with the innovative use of technology and/or where you have developed some software, code or application.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
Sign up for job alerts - its free