|Sectors:||Management, Secretarial & Business Admin, Environmental, Food & Drink & Catering, Buying & Merchandising|
Gleadell Agriculture is one of the UK’s leading independent agricultural merchant owned by strong, financially secure shareholders ADM and InVivo. A significant exporter of grains, pulses and oilseed rape to international markets and a supplier to millers, maltsters, and feed compounders. Gleadell has five offices throughout the UK and provides a people-based, quality service to consumers and farmers offering a wide range of grain marketing tools and sale of seeds, fertilisers and technical services.
Gleadell is increasing the strength of its Trading Department by recruiting a Grain Trader to join our established and profitable Trading team based at Head Office, Hemswell, Lincolnshire.
• Gather, collate and analyse relevant fundamental market information
• Effectively analyse market information in order to determine market sentiment and effectively present this information
• Take responsibility for the administration of the relevant book as instructed by Trading Director
• Liaise closely with the Farm Traders, other relevant members of the trade team and the forwarding / shipping department to assist in the making of cost efficient trading and execution decisions
•Build relationships with key strategic trading partners
Applicants should be results orientated and ideally have a strong understanding of economics, an interest in commodity markets and be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and excellent numeracy skills. An awareness of UK agriculture would be an advantage.
Candidates should be driven and enthusiastic about forging a successful career with a leading agricultural business. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are required along with a high level of learning agility. Proficient in the use of Microsoft/IT systems.
We welcome applications from experienced Traders or outstanding graduates who wish to work hard to build a trading career with a company who invests heavily in the learning and development of staff.
Gleadell Agriculture offer:
• Comprehensive specialised training
• Continuous personal development
• Excellent career opportunities
• Industry leading package and benefits including incremental annual leave, birthday day off and corporate staff discount scheme
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.30hrs with a lunch break of one hour
How to apply:
Please submit applications (to include a covering letter stating salary aspirations and a CV) via the apply now button.
Gleadell are an equal opportunities employer. Individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant abilities and skills.
Competitive + benefits South East, South West, Wales, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package South East, London, Wokingham, Finchampstead, Winnersh, Woosehill, Reading ASAP
Competitive South East, Runcorn, Dunbar, Beddington, North West, Scotland, Trafford Park, Ardley 10-Oct-2018
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Starting Salary of £22,433 South West, Nottingham, Sheffield, East Midlands, West Midlands, Bristol, North West, Solihull, Yorkshire, Warrington, Exeter ASAP