Graduate Web Developer - Commercial Services Group
- £25,000 + benefits
- South East, Aylesford
- Apply by:
- 30th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you looking for your first steps in a web development career with a large local organisation in Kent?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and design orientated individual with an IT related degree or experience and knowledge of web development to join us.
We are a diverse organisation that will enable you to work across the various business teams as well as continue your own development and learning journey via our learning platforms.
You will be reporting to the Digital Services Manager and become an integral part of our design and development team and be working on a range of projects which include our Websites and Applications.
Purpose of the Job:
• To fully understand our fast moving Energy Business and use this knowledge to develop, design and implement new or modified software products according to published standards and guidelines, including code standards and user interface design guidelines.
• To propose and assess solutions to design / business problems or opportunities
• To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements.
• To interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests.
• To analyse / document customer requirements; write technical / functional specifications.
• Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role utilising PluralSights
• Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development and maintenance of the C#.NET applications
2. Development and maintenance of the MVC web applications
3. Development and maintenance of the PowerBuilder application
4. Ensure all developments fit within the overall system architecture and design strategy, and make sure code is of a consistent and appropriate standard.
5. Manage and maintain the company codebase using industry best practice to provide full audit and control capabilities.
6. Work with all stakeholders to best prioritise system developments and deliver to agreed release schedules.
7. Manage the installation and/or upgrades of in house application from time to time.
Sign up for job alerts - its free