Graduate Trainee Economic Development Officer (2 year contract)
- £19,269 to £20,416 plus benefits
- South East, Sevenoaks
- Apply by:
- 30th May 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Economic Development and Property team working for Sevenoaks District Council as a Graduate Trainee Economic Development Officer. We are proactive in our approach to supporting the economic growth of the District and the role will provide assistance in delivering our new Economic Development strategy and providing support as part of our ‘Team around your Business’ model.
You will be using multi-media tools to publish our realBusiness newsletter and provide information and working on projects including inward investment, business support and engagement and economic and technological intelligence.
You’ll have a strong interest in both current and future issues facing businesses and be enthusiastic to learn how a Council supports its businesses and invests in its local economy. In fulfilling this role you’ll have the ability to work with the business community, a range of partners and other Council service areas. You will need to have excellent communication, time management, organisational and IT and multi-media skills together with a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
As a Platinum Award winning Investors in People employer - the first council and public sector employer to be accredited with this award - we will provide appropriate training and development opportunities for this role.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Andrew Stirling, Head of Economic Development and Property on 01732 227099 or 07710 064971.
Location: Based at the Council Offices, Argyle Road, Sevenoaks.
Our staff benefits package includes: flexible annual leave & working arrangements, discounted membership of Sencio's Leisure Centres, excellent training & development opportunities.
• Interest and enthusiasm for economic development and business support.
• Good attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
• Able to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative
• Ability and willingness to work with partners and the local business community
• Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Experience of the use of social and digital media tools and outlets for marketing and promotion
• An understanding of Economic Development
• An awareness of Local Government and Business support
• Aptitude for project planning and event management
• Willingness to undertake any relevant training
• Able to work outside of normal working hours if required
• Clean Driving Licence
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, click here or via the apply button below.
30th May 2018
Interview date ;
11th July 2018
Sign up for job alerts - its free