ACCA stands for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. ACCA is a widely respected qualification which offers hard working students with determination and ambition the chance of a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
In order to qualify as an ACCA member, you will complete a number of exams as well as a professional ethics module and also undertake relevant practical experience. You will normally qualify within 2 to 3 years.
ACCA at UHY Hacker Young focuses on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the UK (UK GAAP) and the course tends to be a mixture of accounting and audit based modules. It is a broad–based qualification and aside from the mainstay of its accounts and audit, it will also provide you with excellent grounding in professional and company law, business management, communication and professional ethics.
The ACCA is a broad based training programme, however, we have tried to give an idea of the type of work you can expect to be involved in at the different stages of your studies..
By the end of your first year you can expect:
• to be able to prepare straightforward sets of accounts for smaller clients;
• to have an understanding of the principles of auditing; and
• that you have liaised with clients regarding their accounts, audit or taxation matters.
By the end of your second year you can expect:
• to have been in charge of, or been responsible for ‘senioring’ jobs for small to medium sized businesses;
• to have supervised more junior members of staff;
• that you are the main point of contact for some of your clients;
• that you have developed your auditing and accounts production skills to work on increasingly larger and more complex clients; and
• that you have helped to produce client management accounts.
By the end of your third year you can expect:
• that you will have managed large jobs, directly supervising juniors for substantial, complex businesses;
• to have been the main point of client contact for both the day to day running of jobs and using your increasing commercial awareness to advise them on business strategy;
• to have prepared management accounts for clients with commentaries advising on budgeting and forecasting; and
• to be able to judge length and cost of jobs based on expected complexity etc.
No less than £18,000 plus benefits Nottingham, East Midlands 1-Sep-2018
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018
20 to 23k Base + Commission (Up to 40k OTE) negotiable plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
competitive plus benefits London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
£20,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus OTE plus Bonus London, Kings Cross ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Various