|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Internet & Digital Media, Science & Technology|
Quality Engineering and Assurance:
Are you a graduate interested in a career in Software Development Engineering and Testing?
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, testing and Quality Assurance are more critical than ever before.
Cognizant's Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) practice is an independent business unit within the company, offering a comprehensive suite of assurance services spanning QA consulting, quality engineering, environment management, and digital QA. We have more than 33,000+ software testing professionals across the globe making us one of the world's largest providers of QA services.
As a Graduate in Cognizant QEA you are the bridge between Business and IT. You become part of our European QEA team which provides a full range of testing services and quality management solutions to our clients across multiple industry sectors. You will need to be flexible on location as our clients are based all over the UK.
• Support the development of brilliant applications and programmes by translating business requirements into concrete testing scenarios
• Executing and performing tests in an agile environment constantly reviewing scenarios and outcomes and advising changes to code as required
• Improving business processes using standardise methods, tools and techniques including automated tools
• Acting as the strategically important link between developers, analysts and the business - applications don’t go live without successful test programmes!
• Improving the quality of new products through continuous improvement and learning
• Ability to communicate between different cultures and locations
Within Quality Engineering there are many career opportunities. In the first years of your career you will discover if you would like to grow into a technical role (Test Automation or Quality Assurance Expert), an advising role (Quality Consultant) or a managing role (Delivery Manager, QA Manager, Test Manager or Project Manager).
What to Expect
• You will receive up to 8 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
• The training is free, as is accommodation.
• Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance.
• Starting salary of £25,000 per annum post training
• Candidates benefit from industry recognised certifications (where applicable)
Skills and competencies
• STEM Bachelor's degree, 2.2 and above.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
• A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
• A comprehensive training program
• A challenging international environment
• Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies
• We work with the best of the best - a representative client list is available on our website - and offer a highly competitive basic salary + additional benefits.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 218,000 employees as of June 30, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
£20,000 to £28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Gloucester, Central London 18-Jun-2018
£23,500 South East, South West, London, The East, Nationwide ASAP
18k to 28k London ASAP
Competitive London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Ongoing
£25,000.00 + Bonus, increasing to £32,000 + bonus in year two plus benefits London ASAP
£28,000 to £30,000 plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Ongoing