Graduate Technical Specialist - Capgemini
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts. We put people at the forefront of any change, whether this is incremental or transformational styles of change management.
As a global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators. As you'd expect, our functional applications specialist are highly skilled individuals who are integral to the delivery of every IT solution. Here, smart and often groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking.
Join us and you'll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key.
The Focus of Your Role
As a SAP Technical Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it's providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP technologies. You'll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You'll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Technical Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP technologies and modules,
working closely with the functional application consultants or/and other
• Support the Live Services team by:
• Resolving incidents identified by end users
• Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
• Working with the development team to implement fixes
• Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
• Support the Project team by:
• Attending workshops
• Working with the client to clarify requirements
• Creating/updating project documentation
• Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
• Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems
What you’ll bring
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which
form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
• Further to that we would like: A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, although it's not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Functional roles.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
• Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
• Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
• Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
What we’ll offer you
- We may be one of the world's top consulting, technology and
outsourcing organisations, with more than 190,000 people in over 40
countries. But we still have big ambitions - and we'll rely on you to
help us achieve them
• Professional development. Accelerated career progression. Long-term career progression, in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you
• Opportunity to diversify and become a specialist in one of the key SAP Technical and Supporting Roles: ABAP Developer,BASIS Administrator,CMS,Database Administrator,Integration Engineer,Pi Developer,Portal Developer,Scrum Master,Security Administrator,Test Analyst,UI5/UIX Developer
• With us, you’ll have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business change knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to be able to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• Location on the South Coast, just a stone's throw away from the beach, and we're located next to a mainline station, with great transport links into Brighton's vibrant centre, offering ample parking and an onsite gym
• We arrange many local social events, giving you access to Worthing's large graduate community
Capgemini UK Plc
At Capgemini, we give you options – and the freedom to achieve your ambitions your way.
Capgemini UK Plc Interview Reviews
26 March 2018
This was the telephone interview which was split into three parts; technology questions, competency questions and then logistics. So for the technology questions I was asked...
05 February 2018
Telephone Interview around 30 mins - This consisted of a set of comptency questions which I had to give real (and different) example. Example questions.. Tell me about a time...
11 November 2017
This was a telephone interview, and it lasted about 45 minutes. I was given a call on my phone to let me know that they will call me on Skype. Then the person went through my...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate technical capgemini plc
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Starting at £27,600
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading
£45,000 to £50,000 + sign on bonus
3Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, West Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, Leeds