Graduate Tax Trainee
Are you looking for a Trainee Tax role and want to be part of a growing, successful “fusion” accounting practice?
When you join Finling, you become part of a team delivering ingenious accounting for ambitious entrepreneurs. We fuse the best elements of working in industry with the best elements of working in practice, so that you have the most fulfilling career possible.
You join a team that really cares about your early post-graduation career and will enable you to learn and grow as a tax professional. We support your journey to qualification with ATT, on a fully structured (and paid for) apprenticeship programme.
You will be part of a team that cares passionately for its clients. We focus on a smaller number of deep relationships with clients, providing both their finance team, and their compliance and advisory services. This is very different from the traditional “transactional” relationships you normally find between practice and client.
You will have the choice to work flexibly, from home on Mondays and Fridays, if you wish, and in the office for everyone Tuesday to Thursday.
You can vary your hours around our core hours of 10am to 4pm.
We have a very comprehensive benefits package designed to support you to achieve a work-life balance, and to look after you through good times and bad.
What will you receive by working at Finling?
- The starting salary is £25,000 per annum, based on a full-time position
- Full study support, including time off to study, as well your costs covered under the apprenticeship scheme
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays and the last half day before Christmas, as a minimum. There is no fighting for holiday at Christmas and New Year, as the office is closed.
- A full range of benefits, from season ticket loans, to health insurance, buying and selling additional leave days to profit sharing bonuses
What do we need you, as a graduate Tax Trainee, to be/have?
- Someone who is keen to make their long-term career in accountancy, with a strong interest in tax
- You should have (or be about to graduate with) at least a 2:1 from a good university
- Ideally completed a placement year as part of your degree or have some work experience
- You are a team player and are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members
- You are a strong multitasker with the ability to prioritise your time whilst studying and working simultaneously
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- Highly IT literate, interested in cloud-based IT systems, and mobile apps
- Highly numerate and literate with a good writing style
- Able to take the initiative, but at the same time seek guidance whenever needed
- A good communicator, able to talk to all kinds of people, and excellent at keeping other team members informed about all work matters
Here are what some of our recent graduate trainees have said about working at Finling:
“I only joined Finling in July 2021 but in that time I have benefited from incredible support from my colleagues who help me to learn and progress every single day. This is my first job and I have gained so much knowledge and experience in both the technical accounting side of the job as well as improving my personal skills such as communication and becoming more independent.” Ewan, Trainee Accounts Assistant
“Working at Finling has made me see accounting from a better point of view and has given me skills so early on in my career that I didn’t think I would get, it’s been a great kickstart.” Erioluwa, Trainee Accounts Assistant
The first step towards joining us is to send a CV, with a covering letter sharing why you feel that Finling would be the perfect home for you.
START DATE – June to September 2022
We help fast-growing businesses escape financial struggle and scale successfully by providing a fully operational finance function for a fixed monthly fee.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london graduate tax trainee finling
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Banking Services - London
2022 Consulting Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Business Analyst Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
2022 Audit Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Programmatic Account Executive (Entry-Level Role)
Graduate Programmes - EY
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland