Graduate Sports Assistant - Beeston Hall School - Applications closing soon!
- Competitive + benefits
- The East
- Apply by:
- 1st July 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Graduate Sports Assistant - Job Description –
FIXED TERM 1st September 2019 TO 31st August 2020
Responsible for: Children and children’s teams
Reporting to: The Director of Sport
- Will teach and coach individual and groups of children.
- Will coach 2 of the three main girls’ sports to a high standard - Netball, Hockey and Cricket.
- An ability to coach Athletics, Tennis and Swimming would be desirable.
- Will assist with P.E. lessons and will be expected to teach some of the Junior classes.
- Will manage and coach a team in all three terms.
- Will both team teach and be expected to lead sports sessions.
- Will be expected to assist as classroom support with lower school lessons when not involved with either P.E. or Games sessions.
- Will receive one morning a week off-work (day tbc) in respect of working Monday-Saturday and be expected to undertake some boarding duties. (Details to be discussed at interview).
- Should be prepared to be involved with evening boarding/sports activities on two nights per week.
- Will work as a member of a large sports department under the Director of Sport and will be expected to assist with the running of the department.
- A commitment to be involved in the wider aspects of a boarding school will be expected and will be discussed further at interview, including the provision of accommodation etc.
- It is essential that the chosen candidate has a passion for teaching Sport and P.E.
- It is essential that the chosen candidate has some experience of coaching.
- It is desirable that the chosen candidate has experience of teaching several of the following: Netball, Hockey, Athletics, Tennis, Cricket and Swimming.
- It is essential that the chosen candidate is comfortable both team teaching as well as leading sports sessions themselves.
- An ability to teach or guide in another subject would be desirable but being proactive, lively, outgoing and communicating well are most essential.
About the School:
Beeston Hall School aims to provide boys and girls aged 4 – 13 with the best possible education. The School is set in 30 acres on the beautiful North Norfolk coast, just ten minutes walk from the sea and surrounded by 700 acres of National Trust land. There are excellent modern educational facilities, a Library, a Music School, an Art School, D & T room, two ICT suites, an Indoor Shooting Range, Sports Hall, a new Swimming Pool, full sized Astroturf, floodlit all-weather area and extensive playing fields. The school has 158 pupils this term, of whom 50 are currently full or weekly boarders. All pupils are encouraged to take part in a wide and exciting range of extra-curricular activities such as Shooting, Cooking, Scottish Reels Dancing, Chess, Sailing, Ballet, extra Drama, Fencing, Shakespeare for Beginners and many more.
Benefits: All meals whilst at work and accommodation. Beeston Hall sports kit will be provided.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this post, we will be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30th June 2019
Interviews will be held in the following week.
To apply, please click the button below.
Sign up for job alerts - its free