Graduate Software Engineer - Global Banking Client
- Competitive + benefits
- Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 14th January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
New year, new role.
Want to work with a global banking client as a junior software engineer and be at the forefront of technological change?
FDM is a global leader in the Recruit, Train & Deploy industry, placing over a thousand graduates each year into IT roles across the UK. We have an exciting opportunity with a global banking client in Leeds and Sheffield, who is looking to expand their software delivery teams with new talent.
Our two-year Careers Programme provides quality training and commercial experience with the opportunity to receive industry recognised certifications. After 10 weeks of industry relevant training at our state-of-the-art centre in the heart of Leeds, you will be given real responsibility from the start, gaining a breadth of knowledge and experience. If you’re ready to kick-start a rewarding career in tech, this is the perfect role for you.
What will your role look like?
As a junior software engineer, you will get the chance to work across the delivery lifecycle on the creation, extension and maintenance of software solutions, using some of the latest technologies and working practices. You will get the opportunity to develop and strengthen your analytical and problem-solving skills whilst working in teams of like-minded technologists in an Agile environment.
You will learn how to:
• Design, build & test solutions
• Develop own skills/knowledge to meet team goals
• Gather & document requirements
• Keep abreast of relevant industry trends
• Deliver suitable documentation to support knowledge transfer to others
• Build effective relationships with relevant teams & stakeholders
Technologies you can expect to work with:
• Java - Spring Framework, SpringBoot
• Mobile Development using Kotlin
• Micro-services – REST Services
• DevOps, CICD (Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery) – Jenkins, Groovy, Docker
• Source/ version control - GIT
• Dependency Management – Maven, Gradle
• Test Automation – Selenium Webdriver, Junit, Postman
• Operational Monitoring Tools – Splunk
• Cross Platform messaging – XML, JSON, JMS
• Cloud Technologies
What we are looking for:
• A degree of 2:2 or higher, in an IT related discipline or other STEM subject
• Some experience of coding
• A keen desire to join the industry
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively
What we offer you:
• Commercially relevant training and industry-recognised qualifications
• Training in Excel, CV writing, interview and presentation techniques
• A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
• Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
• Social events and networking
Once successful through FDM’s recruitment process you will be invited to be interviewed by the client on the 18th of Jan and at that time you will be made aware who the client is. In the event you are not selected by the client, as you have passed the FDM assessment centre we will be able to present other opportunities to you.
The start date is 21st January 2019, so don’t miss this opportunity and apply today.
Sign up for job alerts - its free