Graduate Software Engineer
Helping women start careers in tech!
hackajob partnered with MThree for their ‘Aspire’ program that can help unlock your future. All they require from you are clear motivations as to why you want to start a career in technology
Imagine learning the technical skills you need to become a software developer. In a class with other women who support each other to succeed. All while being paid to train. Sound too good to be true? Thanks to their ‘Aspire’ program, it’s very much a reality.
Aspire is a 10-week instructor-led online course starting October 10th, 2022. Taught by a woman and designed for women from all degree backgrounds. At the end of the training, they'll work to place you into a tech role with a leading global employer via their graduate program. They have positions in London, Bournemouth, Heathrow, Stevenage, Manchester and Glasgow.
What you’ll learn:
Starting with the basics, the course will equip you with the skills needed to become a professional Software Developer. By the end of the training, you’ll be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in computer programming, including computational thinking and creating algorithms.
- Create applications using coding language with appropriate types and variables.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of code layout, object names, and comments to increase code readability.
- Identify basic principles of object-oriented programming.
- Organize code by responsibility into types and layers using the MVC pattern.
- Explain the Agile development approach to building software.
The support you need, every step of the way:
- Technical webinars: Before the course begins on October 10th, they'll offer intro sessions, covering key topics that they'll cover in more detail during the training.
- Inspirational women speaker series: Get insights and advice from women who’ve worked in technology and the corporate world for decades. One of the sessions will feature Su Morton, Managing Director at State Street.
- Career readiness support: Put your best foot forward by learning how to write a killer CV and ace those all-important interviews.
How to apply:
-Click the link below to access the company page.
-Press the button "GET MATCHED" where you will create an account for the chance to get matched to this role, and similar opportunities.
Get your foot in the door at a leading employer:
During and after the training, you’ll have access to job opportunities via their graduate program.
They work with the biggest names in banking, technology, and insurance. They help them find driven graduates who are custom-trained in the skills they need. If you've successfully placed, you’ll begin a 12-24 month placement with the client as a Wiley Edge employee. At the end of the placement, the majority convert to full-time employees with the organization.
If you’d prefer to complete the training and start your career elsewhere, that’s not a problem. They don’t make you sign any unfair contracts and you’ll never have to pay a thing.
They Aspire for greater diversity in tech:
It's no secret, that the tech industry needs more diversity. The standard entry requirements for tech graduate roles can act as a barrier, preventing people with potential from getting the start they deserve. As training and careers provider, they asked themselves, what can they do to help more women start careers in tech?
‘Aspire’ is a training course for women, taught by women. The program has been designed to encourage more women to participate in technology roles and to help solve the issue of low representation in the industry.
At hackajob, we believe in maximising people's potential. It's why we've made it our mission to make the hiring process fairer, faster and based on skills rather than backgrounds.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs london graduate software engineer hackajob
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Sustainable Consumer Banking Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, West Midlands, Wales, North West, Yorkshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Chester, Halifax, Leeds, Manchester
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Cloud Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Business Analyst Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Analyst (Financial & Corporate PR)
London, Monument, Billingsgate