Graduate Software Engineer
- Competitive plus benefits
- London, Central London
- Apply by:
- 20th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organisations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
As a member of the Business Core team, you’ll build usable software that supercharges our employees in their everyday work. We practice test driven development, continuous integration & deployment, and pair programming.
As a Software Engineer at AlphaSights you will:
- Write high quality and maintainable code
- Understand all other functions of AlphaSights to build software to meet the needs of our growing business.
- Work in a collaborative project team with two week iterations and be part of iteration planning and retros.
- Pair with teammates, review PRs, help others with technical questions & share your learnings
- Learn to master a specific part of the stack, e.g., UI/UX, microservices, DevOps, etc. with the opportunity to take on product and/or technical leadership over time.
- Immediately see the impact of your work.
What We're Looking For
At AlphaSights, we value diversity and individuality. Drawing on a range of experiences and perspectives better equips us to solve challenging problems. We believe you’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Are able to understand difficult technical problems and develop end to end solutions.
- Enjoy collaborating and making teammates better by teaching and mentoring.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Take responsibility for leaving things in better shape than you found them.
- Are always positive.
If you don’t meet these exact requirements, but feel like you have qualities and experiences commensurate with the above, feel free to apply below.
For more information about our team, how we build, our projects, our tech stack, and our benefits, visit engineering.alphasights.com.
Sign up for job alerts - its free