|Salary:||£20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience|
|Location:||West Midlands, Dudley|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT, Science & Technology|
This position is part funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Working in partnership with the Birmingham City University (KEEN)
Duration: 12-months fixed term contract
We are working with the specialist steel toll provider Servosteel to support their progressive plans with the hire of a specialist Software Developer as an Affiliate with Birmingham City University.
As part of their drive to continually improve their customer service we are working with them to source a talented graduate software developer that can help expand their already successful internal software development team by supporting the development of an internal application for mobiles and tablets that will enable them to have access to database anywhere on site, at all times, and will increase efficiency within the organisation.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• Good degree in: Computing Science or related discipline with aspects of software development.
• Knowledge of mobile platforms such as IOS, Android, Windows
• Experience of designing, developing and maintaining DBMS based software (experience of MYSQL/MariaDB preferred)
• Backend development
• Hands-On software troubleshooting and performance testing experience
• Desirable - Experience of cross platform mobile development such as Xamarin, Ionic or Cordova
Specific qualities related to the position:
• An Analytical innovative and creative thinker
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
• Project management experience
• Able to work independently and to manage multiple deadlines effectively
• Excellent time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communicator with all level of staff
Servosteel is one of the largest independent Steel Toll Processors in the UK and they are committed to offering an established and innovative processing service to the steel community and with an annual capacity of over 500,000 tonnes have the ability to offer a premium service to their customers that is unrivalled. Their excellent facilities include 2 Slitting Lines, 2 Decoiling lines, a Coil Picking line, Flatbed Laser Cutting and the UK’s only Coil Recover Line, along with opportunities for material storage and steel supply. All of which reaffirms their position as the complete “one stop steel shop”.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and cover letter via the Aply Now button no later than 20th November, 2017. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
**Interviews are likely to take place the 22nd November, 2017**
Up to £25,000 depending on experience West Midlands ASAP
Up to £24, 000 (depending on experience) West Midlands ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham 1-Apr-2018
£25000 to 30000 per annum, excellent benefits and bonuses London ASAP
£25000 to 30000 per annum, Excellent Benefits package West Midlands ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester Various