Graduate Software Developer in the Banking & Finance Industry – Central London
- Competitive + benefits
- London, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 28th February 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
FDM Group is a FTSE 250 award-winning employer that recruits, trains and deploys talent globally. We are a leading IT graduate employer, working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations across the UK and further abroad. We are currently looking for bright, highly motivated and talented individuals with the drive to work as a Software Engineer for one of our biggest international banking clients based in London.
This is a unique opportunity where you, as a Software Engineer will have the opportunity to shape the future of the business and you will be key to delivering technology solutions within key digital functions of the Bank. During the course of the initial training you will learn how to write code that is modular, robust and scalable, design and develop software solutions while collaborating with numerous stakeholders throughout the business to find solutions to problems.
As technology and digital Skills have become an integral part of our day to day lives from managing our time, applications and payments, the bank is constantly seeking to gain a competitive advantage through taking on the next generation of talent to work in this exciting digital skills space.
The training will take place in the FDM London Academy, situated at our beautiful global head office based in London Bridge on the River Thames. Once you have completed your training, you will then be placed on-site with our international banking client in central London.
What we offer you:
• A placement in a high-profile banking client in London
• A kick-start platform to develop and enhance digital skills which will drive and add real value to the bank’s cutting-edge products & platforms
• Industry recognised training across the latest Java Technologies, Cloud Computing, Agile Methodologies
• A chance to delve into the exciting fast-paced world of DevOps
• A minimum of two years’ commercial experience
• Mentoring and ongoing support throughout your career with FDM
Essential experience and skills required:
• University degree of 2.2 or above within a Science, Technology, Computing, Engineering, Maths or similar subject
• Dynamic people who are excellent problem solvers
• Strong analytical skills
• Keen to develop knowledge of Investment/ Commercial Banking
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively
• Big ambitions to succeed within the Banking & Finance industry
Sign up for job alerts - its free