Graduate Software Developer – Birmingham
- West Midlands, Birmingham
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
At FDM it’s ‘business as usual’, we are recruiting now and throughout the year. Due to COVID-19 we have implemented alternative working arrangements to ensure that all our people stay safe. These consist of remote working, virtual training, video interviewing, and access to webinars and virtual events. We have training start dates happening in April, May and throughout the year. If you’re looking to start your career in technology or business, we want to hear from you now!
Training Start Date: April 2020
Birmingham Assessment Days: throughout March & Early April 2020
Client Placements: UK Wide
Your career starts here.
Interested in planning and delivering technology solutions along with developing your ability to write code? FDM’s Software Developer Graduate programme will help you become a successful Java Developer and provides the opportunity to progress in a career within a wide variety of sectors.
Everybody tells you that technology is the world’s fastest growing industry, but what if you could really see for yourself? Some of our consultants are currently working on exciting advancements in technology, including robotics, automation and more.
FDM is an award-winning graduate employer. We’re passionate about kick-starting graduate careers in technology and support you every step of the way. When you become an FDMer, you’ll be trained to the latest industry standards at our FDM Birmingham Academy. You’ll then be placed on-site with one of our prestigious clients for two years, so for those critical first few years after graduation, you’ll be off to a flying start. It doesn’t stop there, many of our consultants go on to work permanently with the client, work internally at FDM or choose a different pathway using the connections and experience they’ve gained. If you’re looking for a fast-paced role with excellent career progression, look no further.
Over 3,000 FDM consultants are currently placed with our clients, working in a variety of roles including; Software Development, Business Intelligence, IT Service Management and Software Testing. We work with clients all around the world including HSBC, Virgin, Lloyds, Shell and Sky to name a few. Your opportunity to make an impact in the industry starts here.
7 reasons why FDM is for you:
1. Commercially relevant training (including SQL and UNIX), and access to industry-recognised qualifications
2. Excellent employee benefits, including the prestigious ‘Consultant of the Month award’ and the option to join FDM’s buy-as-you-earn share scheme
3. Work and progress in an exciting career with some of the world’s most reputable organisations
4. Individual mentoring and ongoing support throughout your entire FDM journey
5. Opportunities across the UK and beyond
6. Employability skills including Microsoft Excel, CV writing, interview and presentation techniques
7. Tech talks, social and networking events
The ideal FDMer has:
- An analytical, curious and creative mindset
- A passion for tech
- The ability to solve problems within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to learn new software languages
- Clear communication skills and the ability to work with people across all departments
- A degree of 2:2 or higher, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees considered
- An interest in working nationally to support our clients
- Commitment to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
The tech industry is constantly evolving and continuously needs new developers to take over critical tasks. So make an application today and see where your career will take you!
FDM Group is an award-winning company and the market leader in the Recruit, Train and Deploy industry.
FDM Group Interview Reviews
27 December 2018
The phone interview took 15 minutes asking questions such as why you want to work in the IT industry; what attracts you to FDM group; and general questions to gain a quick...
26 September 2018
The interviews were conducted between three members of staff, each of which asked four scripted questions. The interviewers were thus not expanding on their questions that is up...
08 August 2018
The first interview was a telephone interview asking general questions, for example. What did you study? What skills do you have that will be suitable for the role? Why FDM...
Sign up for job alerts - its free