Graduate Software Developer
hackajob partnered with ThoughtWorks which is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Their community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for their client's most complex challenges. They are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be themselves and make their mark in tech.
About the program:
-ThoughtWorks entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with a trip to ThoughtWorks University (TWU): a six-week training program. After you finish, the Graduate Engagement Leads provide continual onboarding support to help you settle into ThoughtWorks.
-It’s important to call out that they consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you’re a Computer Science graduate with less than 1 year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a “career changer” who is working towards becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to join their community.
You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank, or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
ThoughtWorks developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open-source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. They passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration.
That’s why they’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare. As consultants, they work onsite with their clients to ensure they’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will pair to write clean and iterative code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from their tech radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here’s what they’re looking for:
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You’re willing and able to commit to traveling up to 100%* (back home on the weekends) across the UK and Europe to help their clients solve their business problems.
- You thrive in a collaborative and un-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
How to apply:
-Click the link below to access the company page.
-Press the bottom "GET MATCHED" where you will create an account for the chance to get matched to this role, and similar opportunities.
At hackajob, we believe in maximising people's potential. It's why we've made it our mission to make the hiring process fairer, faster and based on skills rather than backgrounds.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :engineering jobs manchester computing & it jobs manchester engineering jobs london computing & it jobs london graduate software developer hackajob
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Cloud Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)
Software Engineering Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, North West, Bristol