|Sectors:||Engineering, Computing & IT, Science & Technology, Secretarial & Business Admin, Research & Analysis|
JJS Electronics Ltd is a successful and expanding company providing electrical, electronics and electromechanical manufacturing services to a diverse mix of customers from a broad range of industries.
Based at our Lutterworth office, we have an exciting opportunity for a Server Administrator to enhance the IT team by providing technical and operational expertise. This position may suit a recent Graduate who has knowledge of Server Administration and who is looking to develop their skills.
Reporting to the IT Director you will administer hardware, operating systems and core applications on server infrastructure including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance. In addition to configuring external storage, network connections and security applications to ensure servers are properly and efficiently integrated into the network. SQL Business Intelligence Reporting to agreed specifications.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Virtualize and Consolidate Standalone Servers
• Ensure availability and performance compliance to SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
• Develop server build images and processes including automatic deployment technologies
• Install Server based applications
• Install and configure new hardware and software
• Monitor server logs and health alarms
• Perform maintenance tasks such as patch levels, firmware upgrades and backups
• Monitor, investigate and report breaches in performance
• Monitor capacity - disk, RAM and processor
• Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
• Creating SQL Queries for use in BI Reporting (SQL 2012)
• Work cooperatively with applications teams to install applications or upgrade existing applications
To be successful you must demonstrate:
• Relevant technical qualification required (Degree in computing or Microsoft Server Certification)
• Knowledge and experience in Servers (windows 2008/2012 and Linux) and Networks
• Knowledge and experience on SQL Server specifically BI
• Excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills
• The ability and willingness to learn and support new systems and applications.
• Very proactive and self-motivated, and a good team player.
• Organised, with demonstrable attention to detail and a strong 'right first time and every time' ethos (articulate and methodical).
• Excellent project management and organisational skills
• Flexible and adaptable showing a patient and helpful demeanour.
• Coaching and training skills.
• Good command of the English language
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 14-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Leeds, Nationwide Various
£28,000 plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£16,800 plus benefits pro rata Nationwide 1-Jun-2017
Competitive plus benefits South East, Central, West Midlands, Wales, Leicester, Manchester, Nationwide Various
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 2-Sep-2017
£26,000 plus benefits South West, Nationwide 2-Oct-2017
Competitive plus expenses London ASAP
£24, 500 plus benefits salary review Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£19k London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Leeds, Nationwide ASAP
£22,000 plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London Ongoing
£20,000 depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£21,000 London ASAP
18,000 + Bonus plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London ASAP
£20 to 25K OTE £35 to 50,000 negotiable plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses London, Central ASAP
£20 to 25K OTE £35 to 50,000 negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses salary review London, Central ASAP
£20000.00 to £21000.00 per annum plus benefits London