Graduate Scrum Master - Telford
I HEART thinking innovatively. I ACE high-profile challenges.
I HEART delivering on time. I ACE commercial pressure.
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre (DDC) was set up in 2017 to support HMRC’s ambitions to improve its digital infrastructure. The DDC follows Agile methodology (a framework used to deliver complex solutions with high productivity, creativity and high-quality products), to ensure the services we deliver have the end user’s needs at the forefront.
We are looking for the right candidates to take on the Scrum Master role, support our future expansion plans and join our team of Scrum Masters currently working in the area.
The Focus of Your Role
Within a development team following Agile methodology there are three roles including Scrum Master, Product Owner and the Development Team. The Scrum Master role involves ‘leading from the back’ alongside these other stakeholders.
Your role will be to support and facilitate a new/existing development team in the area. You will lead, run and facilitate Agile ceremonies (meetings), ensure any blockers to the teams progress are removed, act as an escalation point for the team and work with management to manage the pipeline of work and deliveries for your team(s), providing progress updates on behalf of the team. You will work with stakeholders both internal and external and may also manage training requests/approve any annual/sick leave for the team.
The Scrum Master role allows a development team to stay focussed on the task, by facilitating anything the team needs, mentoring the team into following Agile practices (Scrum Guide by Scrum.org) to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the consistent, reliable and repeatable delivery of Digital Services by the Agile Delivery teams through the promotion of Agile/Scrum principles and practices and by mentoring and coaching individual team members to optimise these methodologies for enhanced delivery
- Remove blockers to successful delivery
- Act as an escalation and first point of contact for the team
- Lead the teams towards the goal of becoming self-managing high performing teams
- Promote Scrum values of Transparency, Focus, Courage, Respect, Commitment within the centre
- Act as a buffer for the teams, removing distractions to delivery and interference from external stakeholders - allowing a team to remain focussed on delivery commitments
- Facilitate centre-wide ceremonies (e.g daily stand-ups (DSTUM), Scrum of Scrums, Client Demonstration, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective etc as required)
- Drive consistent reporting/progress updates on sprint activity to senior management and other stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- Undertake other Agile awareness activities, as required, across the
business to build Agile awareness
What you’ll bring
- An interest in Agile delivery Methodology (experience desired)
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing others
- Advocate of continuous improvement and subject matter expertise desired
- Ability to work with and collaborate with software development teams, product managers, operations managers and other digital centres to ensure resources including technologies and processes are in place to allow teams to work effectively
- Ability to manage stakeholders and report into the centre’s leadership team
- Ability to promote and increase awareness of Agile activities across the wider business and communities.
- Clear thinking and creative flair
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But, so too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly.
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we
don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will
assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including
strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and
Click below to apply today.
Capgemini UK Plc
At Capgemini, we give you options – and the freedom to achieve your ambitions your way.
Capgemini UK Plc Interview Reviews
26 March 2018
This was the telephone interview which was split into three parts; technology questions, competency questions and then logistics. So for the technology questions I was asked...
05 February 2018
Telephone Interview around 30 mins - This consisted of a set of comptency questions which I had to give real (and different) example. Example questions.. Tell me about a time...
11 November 2017
This was a telephone interview, and it lasted about 45 minutes. I was given a call on my phone to let me know that they will call me on Skype. Then the person went through my...