Graduate Schedule Compiler - Transport For London (£32k Salary)
- 30th June 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
With around 4 million passengers per day, the efficient scheduling of our rolling stock and train operators (whilst maintaining safe working practices) is essential to the successful running of London Underground.
Whether scheduling trains or staff, your main accountabilities will be designing, compiling and producing timetables, duty schedules and rotas for normal daily operations. Special arrangements are also often a challenge for Bank Holidays, special events and engineering works, together with associated ancillary work.
This role requires high concentration and excellent attention to detail. You will have excellent analytical skills with the determination to work through complex problems until you find a best fit solution.
For candidates looking to build a career in scheduling, the team is keen to invest and reward them with a structured training plan, which upon completion is rewarded with a higher salary and encouragement towards becoming a key member within a growing department.
At Transport for London, we support all our people to make the very most of their talent and potential. You will enjoy scope to progress - both personally and professionally, at the heart of an innovative and inclusive organisation.
- Design, develop and review, timetabling and duty scheduling solutions for day-to-day operations, emergency operations, short-term service changes, projects, upgrades and future services.
- Estimate, plan, organise and track progress of own work, and co-ordinate with peers, to meet specific task delivery deadlines set by Team Leader.
- Communicate scheduling plans and designs to the business.
- Prepare and arrange for publication and distribution of own products.
- Review the performance of own products after their delivery and in use, including contributing to post-implementation reviews of new or altered services.
- Identify HR, IM, and Procurement and Facilities issues for self and, under the broad guidance of Team Leader, progress these to resolution.
- Where skills, knowledge and experience are appropriate, coach and support the development and specialist training of 1-4 other Schedule Compilers.
- Represent the Team Leader at meetings, providing appropriate specialist advice on timetabling, business rules and operational requirements.
- Take decisions, and manage the design team, on behalf of Team Leader,
•4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at C or above including Maths and English.
- Understanding of the basics of railway operation e.g. Depots, Points,
Signals is desirable.
• Experience of working in a transport scheduling area or with timetables.
- Knowledge of stations or trains operations is desirable.
You can also look forward to a unique range of benefits. These include:
- Free travel on all services owned by TfL
- 75% discount on National Rail Season ticket and interest free loan scheme
- Annual leave of 29 days’ plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme (contributory)
- Discounted Eurostar travel
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- MyTfL - access to a range of retail, health, leisure and other discounts and concession.
To apply, please visit click apply below.
Closing date: 30 June 2019 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
From the famous red buses and black cabs to the Tube, TfL is responsible for virtually every mode of transport in the city.
TfL Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
It was with two people, an enigneering manager and an HR representative. It started off with competency questions surrounding team work, communication skills, conflict resolution...
06 April 2015
Online tests before the phone interview. Phone interview had standard competency questions lasting about 25-30mins. In face to face, 2 interviewers were present; one from the...
Sign up for job alerts - its free