Graduate Sales Executive - Immediate Start
- Attractive Salary – 23 to 25k per annum + benefits + bonus
- East Midlands
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Based at: Mecc Alte UK Ltd, 6 Lands’ End Way, Oakham, UK
Mecc Alte UK is a leading manufacturer of industrial alternators. A global player in worldwide power generation markets. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, outgoing, fresh Graduate Sales Executive.
This opportunity is in a fast paced, hardworking commercial environment
that is a great place to work. We are passionate about what we do, we
work intelligently and responsibly whilst having fun delivering on
As an ambitious Graduate Sales representative, you will support in
growing our customer base for industrial alternator sales throughout
EMEA territories. Be responsible for accurately managing CRM data and
market reports. Over time you will develop a deep understanding of the
industries and market sectors we operate in. Managing existing accounts
and developing new prospects, creating strategy and growing sales. This
will further develop into a customer facing role, proactively being out
on the road visiting customers, meeting with clients on a face to face
basis, in order to generate relationships with customers/clients and
constantly creating a pipeline of important contacts for your continued
career. This continued development will ensure there is plenty of
opportunity to grow within the global organisation.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Support, and assist the sales team to maximise sales opportunities globally.
2. Handle sales enquiries and quotations. Processing orders from order receipt through to despatch.
3. Maintain customer records, profiles and visit reports. Utilising internal company procedures to ensure opportunities are identified and tracked and accurately reported to senior management.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with nominated key accounts and existing export customer as well as industrial partners.
5. Identify, create and win new accounts within territory. Support, build and manage these sales pipelines.
6. Visit current key accounts on a planned strategic basis
7. Maximise sales profits and revenues to ensure corporate targets are met.
8. Introduce and coordinate promotional activities within the territory including input and support for communications events (exhibitions, conferences, training, etc) as required.
9. Willingness to travel and be frequently off site/overseas.
This specification highlights key activities however this is not an exhaustive list and there will be a lot of flexibility required to ensure the key goal of exceeding customer satisfaction is achieved.
The successful graduate will be mentored and developed by the Head of Sales & Marketing. In addition, the graduate will receive formal management development courses (details to be confirmed)
For this Graduate position, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Driven, enthusiastic
- Good sense of humour
- Unflappable nature
- Team working skills
- University degree 2:1 or above; ideally degree level in a commercial or engineering environment
- Some sales or customer service experience with proven fantastic client facing skills
- Well presented, professional and articulate
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good verbal and written English language
- A confident personality and passion for their work
- An excellent professional telephone manner
- The ability to listen to potential clients’ needs and target their requirements in a consultative manner
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and working with deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated, initiative, ability to meet tight deadlines, whilst demonstrating diplomacy
- Excellent relationship builder, team player
- Strong customer orientation
- Full UK driving licence
Computer Skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly excel and Word, ideally swan or similar database to basic level, Internet and e-mail.
Functional / Technical: Ideally degree level in engineering
discipline, but not essential.
Quality / Improvement:
- Time Management
- Multi-National Knowledge
- Managing work
- Organisation Knowledge
- General Business Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Customer Led quality
- Organisational Skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Attractive Salary – 23-25k per annum
- Discretionary Annual Profitability Bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday (increasing with service to max 25 days)
- 5% contributory pension
- 4 x salary Death in Service Benefit
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
Full CV and covering letter required to support application
Please click the button below to apply.
Sign up for job alerts - its free