Graduate Research Assistant
York Health Economics Consortium (YHEC) is looking to recruit a Research Assistant to work on a range of projects in the NHS and Public Sector consulting team. This is a great opportunity to begin a career in health economics within a supportive and welcoming team. We are a health economics research and consulting company owned by, and based at, the University of York. We provide consultancy and research to a wide range of public and private sector bodies.
This role will have a 2-month training period to allow you to become familiar with our process for undertaking health economic analysis and the specific research assistant tasks involved. The training will include a combination of individual task training sessions supervised by different members of the NHS and Public Sector consulting team and on the job training. You will be assigned a buddy who will provide support as you progress through your training programme and help you adapt to your first professional role.
Hours of work: 36.5 hours per week. permanent contract
Based at: York Science Park
Interview date: Tuesday 25th April & Tuesday 2nd May 2023
Main Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of this role is to undertake research and administrative tasks on all projects undertaken by a team of researchers in YHEC. The post holder will work alongside other Research Assistants in the NHS and Public Sector consulting team. The role will suit a recent graduate who would like to gain an understanding of health research. This post will report to an Associate Director or Project Director at YHEC.
The main responsibilities of a Research Assistant are:
- Undertaking discrete small research projects / tasks, e.g. data analysis, collating cost information, literature reviewing, qualitative telephone interviews, writing sections of reports.
- Development of simple health economic models and costing tools in Excel using an existing template.
- Involvement in preparing proposals for project work, e.g. background research, gathering literature, drafting / collating standard sections of proposal.
- Proactive management of projects, including project monitoring, e.g. ensuring minimal slippage, flagging up deadlines to team.
- Preparation of brief notes, agendas, minutes, reports and related project correspondence.
- Collating and managing team procedures/handbooks for general office use. House-styling of proposals, tenders, questionnaires and reports.
- Occasional supervision of other support staff if helping on specific projects.
For further information on the role, YHEC and how to apply click here.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes are:
- Educated to degree level in Economics, Psychology, Bio-Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or a related degree with a significant quantitative element.
- Good educational background (including English and Mathematics GCSE grade B or equivalent).
- Experience of undertaking and or contributing to quantitative research projects.
- Good IT skills in Excel including basic knowledge of functions.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills:
- Time management.
- Prioritising workload to meet specific deadlines.
- Working to deadlines and ensuring project team are aware of these.
- Ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with a high degree of self-motivation and proactivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with an adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use tact and discretion.
The salary will be in the range of £21,840 to £26,000 subject to qualifications and experience. There is a performance-related pay scheme in operation at YHEC. Membership of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension scheme is available subject to eligibility criteria being satisfied.
Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days per year, plus bank holidays.
York Health Economics Consortium
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate research assistant york health economics consortium
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Comms & Marketing Executive - TPP
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Human Factors and Behavioural Safety Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South East, South West, East Midlands, North West, Warrington, Bristol, Leicester, Newbury
Graduate Management Trainee - Edinburgh