Graduate Recruitment Programme
Our client is a is a specialist recruitment business, with over 20 years of industry experience, providing staffing solutions for the Construction, Building, Civil Engineering, Shop fitting & Woodwork, Scaffold & Access, Industrial Services, Mechanical & Electrical and related industries.
They are looking for a number of trainee recruitment consultants to join their every growing team in the heart of Sheffield city centre. As a Trainee Recruitment consultant, you are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You'll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients' recruitment needs and requirements.
Working as a trainee recruitment consultant, you'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You'll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks and finally match them to their clients.
You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
As a recruitment consultant, you're the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- Visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
In return we offer…
- Market leading commission scheme £50K OTE in 1st year
- Unrivalled career progression
- Quarterly team nights out
- A "Googlesque" 21st Century working environment
- Group bonus
- Regular sporting events – such as Premiership hospitality, Boxing, Golf etc
- Company car/allowance after qualifying period.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Xmas Shutdown
- Half day on your Birthday!
My Recruitment Career
MRC is a specialist recruitment brand, solely dedicated to the placement of graduates and early-stage professionals into the world of Executive Search Recruitment.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate recruitment programme leeds london scheme executive sales
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Recruitment Consultant 2022 - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Project Management Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - West End, London - TRIDENT INTERNATIONAL
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Trainee Recruitment Consultant – Healthcare Sector
£22,000 to £35,000 OTE
Audit Graduate Trainee (Industry & Services) - September 2023
West Midlands, Birmingham