Graduate Recruitment Consultant
James Andrews Recruitment Solutions
We are recruiting for ambitious graduates from all degree subjects to start their career with us as a Recruitment Consultant in our central Birmingham office based in the vibrant Jewellery Quarter. We offer a competitive starting salary of £24,000 + uncapped commission from day one where you could be earning in excess of £30,000 in just your first 18 months of joining. No previous experience is required, as comprehensive training will be given. Constant support and guidance will be provided to you as you develop as a consultant and plenty of opportunities for progression will be available, as our business strategy is focused on organic growth for the future.
- Working Monday to Friday in a fast paced office environment as part of a team within one of our specialist sectors; Human Resources, Property Management, Social Housing
- Carrying out targeted business development and account management with clients in your portfolio
- Sourcing, screening and shortlisting professional candidates to assess suitability for positions and advise them of opportunities available
- Providing consultation and liaising with clients to organise interviews and candidate bookings within tight deadlines, completing all necessary administration
- Commission: Earn commission from day one (no thresholds)
- Holiday allocation: 26 days holiday (plus eight bank holidays), rising by 1 day each year (capped at 31)
- Flexible working incentive: Hit your targets and take advantage of either finishing early or starting late, with additional flexible working for senior staff as you progress. All staff are eligible for an early finish at 4pm on Fridays
- Monthly and quarterly prize incentives: Such as extra holidays, and other goods
- Wellbeing Package: Optional Health Insurance, Dental Plan and Life Assurance
- Heka Wellbeing Platform: Sign up and receive credits per month to spend towards a gym membership or classes, meal kits to your door and many more
- Social events: Quarterly office nights out and companywide events; for example, Ascot Races and our annual black tie Christmas Party prizes including spa breaks and Sonos sound systems
- Sabbatical leave policy: After two years of continuous service, you will be eligible to take sabbatical leave. This then renews on a two yearly basis
- Structured training programme: Unrivalled training programme performed by individuals with a wealth of experience and unprecedented success within the recruitment industry
- Realistic targets: Set and reviewed each month in your appraisal with your line manager
- Progression & development: Progress onto path to Senior Consultant after just 12 months and onto management in as little as three years
- Working from home: Consultants who have been with company for 12 months have the opportunity to work from home
From the very first day you join, your training and continued personal development are our priorities. All training will be delivered by experienced Senior Consultants up to Director Level who have a wealth of experience and unprecedented success within the recruitment industry. You will receive continuous training and your development will be regularly reviewed and encouraged throughout your career with us.
No previous experience in recruitment is required for the role, however we are looking for someone who is hungry for sales with the following essential skills / qualities:
- Hungry for sales
- Goal orientated
- A strong communicator (verbal & written)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A team player
Recruitment is a profession most graduates tend to fall into when they aren’t sure which career path to take, but who want a long-term career with high earning potential. Recruitment agencies are used by almost every industry opening up a whole world of future possibilities. You will learn a range of highly sought-after skills including; consultation, negotiation, networking, problem solving, marketing, business development and account management.
A career in recruitment is ideal for dynamic and proactive individuals who are looking to work in a vibrant and social environment with opportunities for progression. It’s an exciting, varied and fast-paced role, which means you will need to be adaptable and solve problems, but you will get support and encouragement from every member of the team from your first day and beyond.
James Andrews Recruitment Solutions are an accredited Investors in People (Silver) company and 2023 Winner of the People Platform’s Award for outstanding company culture. We offer a specialist, tailored recruitment service to a range of sectors including Social Housing, Property Management, Finance, Legal, Procurement and Human Resources. Having initially opened in 2009, we now have three offices based in Leicester, Birmingham and London, with plans to open a Manchester office in the future. We are proud to work with some of the biggest brands and blue chip companies on the market today.