Graduate Product Assurance Engineer - Airbus
- Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- South East, Portsmouth, Stevenage
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Start date: September 2019
Location: Portsmouth or Stevenage
Number of roles: 2
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
Due to recent contract wins, Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) are looking for a Product Assurance Engineer to join our Satellite Telecoms Business. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring product design quality and performance compliance throughout the lifecycle of the spacecraft. Working in a project environment, you will manage interfaces with the external customer and internal stakeholders in Design, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
Through the two-year Graduate Development Programme (GDP), you will receive a structured introduction to Quality within the space industry by working around the business to build experience and networks. The GDP will start with six months in Telecoms Product Assurance before a six month placement in Quality Assurance working in the cleanroom with spacecraft hardware. In your second year, you will drive your own development by seeking and completing placements in business areas / locations where you wish to build experience.
Following the GDP you will re-join the Product Assurance team to personally manage and lead the quality assurance activities on a telecoms satellite. Based in Portsmouth, with scope to travel as the project requires, your responsibilities would be to:
- Ensure spacecraft components and equipment meet customer requirements
based on international standards (Space ECSS and ISO standards) -
Coordination of problem investigation, resolution and long-term
- Declaration of conformance to Customer and business that the Payload delivered from Portsmouth is fully compliant
- Customer interface: Developing a positive relationship with our
customer to keep them informed of progress and any major quality issues.
- Supplier management: Working with our suppliers to ensure they deliver to our requirements and manage efficiently and correctly any deviations before delivery. - Non-conformance management: Ensuring correct management of non-quality events during assembly and test phase of the project.
- Design / Manufacturing / Test / Delivery Gate Reviews: Delivery of quality status at each project gate review.
- Risk management: Forecasting and evaluation of project risks together with actions to avoid or minimize their impact.
- Lessons Learnt: Ensuring know-how transfer between projects is maintained and actions closed out
This role will involve some travel to European Airbus D&S sites and international suppliers. As such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a
commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's
success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Degree or HND/HNC in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related
- Excellent communication skills - Analysis skills and logical approach to problem resolution and investigations
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 - 4th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Sign up for job alerts - its free