Graduate Pricing Analyst (Telematics) - Hastings Direct
- South East, Bexhill-on-Sea
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you analytically minded with a passion for data and a high attention to detail? If so this position, based in our Telematics team in Bexhill, could be ideal for you!
The purpose of this role is to conduct quantitative & qualitative analysis on different Telematics customer segments on behalf of Advantage Insurance.
Your remit will involve the following;
• Produce clear, detailed recommendations for improving the telematics
proposition (both retail and underwriting based).
• Develop and produce reports to identify any variance to the underwriting or retail budgets.
• Produce daily reports on new business and renewal performance and identify actions to mitigate any variances to plan.
• Assist the Telematics team in budget setting and re-forecasting.
• Work with external stakeholders to develop reports to increase the insight on telematics.
• Monitoring and reporting the performance of the telematics product. Ensuring the product delivers against its commercial objectives.
• Analyse various sources of MI (including but not exclusively; aggregator portals, Consumer Intelligence, e-benchmarkers, telematics driving behaviour and other market reports), identifying trends, opportunities and poor performing segments to improve income, sales, persistency and EBITDA.Monitor competitor movements in respect of product changes and pricing.
• Support the delivery of key strategic projects.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have fun along the way.
• Strong quantitative & analytical skills
• A passion for working with numerical/statistical data
• Advanced skills in the use of MS office applications
• Good communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
• Pro-active approach to driving change
• Confidence to express opinions and challenge others
• Experience working with analytical, statistical & data manipulation packages (e.g. SQL, R, Python etc.)
• Proven research skills, including ability to formulate hypotheses and identify ways to prove or disprove these with targeted tests
• Strong knowledge of Insurance market & competitors
• Good understanding of case underwriting and fundamental underwriting principles
• Experience working within a pricing function
• Experience delivering commercial targets
As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
• Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all
• This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
• Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
• Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive
Benefits for You
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
•Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon
shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more
details in advance of your application
• Flexible working, 1 day a week from home
• 23 days holiday
• Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
• Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Sign up for job alerts - its free