|Sectors:||Consultancy, Computing & IT, Science & Technology, Research & Analysis|
Graduate position in innovative SAP technologies – IoT, AI/ML, Blockchain
HCL is a global pioneer in leveraging leading Technology to drive value realisation. By helping our clients undertake and manage large scale change in order to create a step change in their business performance, we are focused on achieving business outcomes and driving predictable results.
HCL has a long track record of innovation in SAP technologies and continues to lead SAP implementation partners being recognised by SAP as a Strategic IoT Partner; Blockchain Co-Innovation Partner and Reference Machine Learning Partner. Year on year HCL collects SAP innovation awards including a 2015 - Silver SAP Quality Award (Innovation Category); 2016 - Bronze SAP Quality Award (HR Cloud Innovation) and 2017 - Finalist SAP Quality Award (Innovation Category).
We are currently looking to expand our innovation team with the addition of an exceptional graduate with a desire to explore and understand new technology. Someone that is technically excellent, but with an entrepreneurial vision to see how technology can be applied to drive business value.
Responsibilities will include:
• Being based in West London/Surrey borders, close to the M25, with possible UK and European travel
• Rapidly understanding emerging SAP technologies and changes in IoT, Blockchain and AI/ML
• Creating prototypes, proof of concepts and demos in new technologies, often requiring integration of hardware and software components.
• Helping to develop, cost and propose innovative technology solutions to business problems
• Planning and managing activities
• Documenting designs
• Working with both local UK and remote teams in US and India
• Opportunities to attend customer meetings and locations to understand first-hand the business problems faced by our clients.
• Occasional and informal internal presentation
• Opportunity for more formal internal and external presentation
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Desire to learn and understand new technology
• Creative, problem solving ability
• Excellent academic credentials – Computer Science and/or Electronics degree desirable
• Advantageous skills and experience (not all expected): Python; Java; HTML5; simple electronics; iOS/Android app development
• Self-starter, able to quickly pick up new skills and learn from experienced professionals and both work independently and as part of a team
• Flexible – adaptable to different environments, business, cultures and types of work
• Good communication skills including ability to confidently and articulately interact with colleagues in written and oral forms.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Self-driven and motivated with the ability to work independently.
• The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Please provide a full CV and a description of how you have solved a problem with the innovative use of technology.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£25,000, rising to £27,000 after 6 months plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Wales, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide 25-Jul-2018
£33,005 to £40,505 depending on experience London ASAP
£45,000 to £50,000 plus a £3,000 joining bonus South East, South West, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Various
Competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham 3-Jul-2018