Graduate Management Trainee - Imperial College London
- Apply by:
- 23rd January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Graduate Management Trainee
Salary: £31,770 (first-year starting salary, increasing to £36,926 in
the second year of the scheme)
Do you want to join the management of a university that is consistently rated amongst the best in the world? Imperial College London is looking to recruit recent graduates to its Graduate Management Trainee Scheme, designed to provide candidates without extensive professional experience with an introduction to university management. Previous management trainees have successfully progressed to a wide range of managerial and specialist roles across the College – discover their stories and find out more about the Scheme on our website!
Duties and responsibilities
As a management trainee, you will undertake a series of placements across the College, working with senior management, gaining rapid personal development and a wealth of experience. You will take an active role in working on some of the most important strategic issues within the College, and will be required to prioritise diverse and challenging workloads to produce work of the highest standard. In addition, you will attend various professional development courses and may be offered the opportunity to undertake external study.
• You should possess, or expect to achieve this year, a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
• You should also have graduated from higher education within the last three years (since the summer of 2016) or be due to graduate in summer 2019. You will also be considered if you have recently obtained Masters or PhD qualifications.
• Independence: the ability to take initiative, lead on projects, and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload
• Interpersonal: confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team.
• Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture
• Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English
• Adaptability: the ability to multitask, and to respond effectively to change, on a day-to-day basis and between placements
• An interest in higher education: demonstration of a clear and reasoned interest in working in higher education and learning about the inner workings of a highly complex organisation.
• An interest in personal and professional development: demonstration of seeking out and acting upon opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Please note that applications must be completed on the official form. CVs will not be considered.
Once the application window has closed, applicants will be shortlisted and a small proportion of them will be invited for interview. We receive a very high number of applications every year, with over 800 applications last year. To make sure your application stands out, you need to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
Shortlisted applicants are likely to be invited to interview in the week commencing 1 April 2019.
The Scheme will commence on 26 September 2019. Successful applicants will be awarded a three year fixed-term contract, with a starting salary of £31,770. Subject to a successful performance review after 12 months, trainees will be promoted to the next salary grade, starting at £36,926.
Salaries quoted may increase by any cost of living award implemented by the College in 2019.
Closing date: 23/01/2019
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Sign up for job alerts - its free