|Salary:||Competitive plus benefits|
|Location:||South East, Hertford, Newgate Street Village|
|Sectors:||Public Sector, Finance|
The biggest challenges need the best leaders
Hertfordshire's Graduate Programme will challenge, stretch and inspire you. Right from the start you'll get involved, and have a say, in everything we do - the services we deliver and how we deliver them, the challenges we face, and our strategies for the coming years. Your voice will be heard, and your opinions valued. This is because we're looking for leaders for the future. And the more you experience on the programme, the better equipped you'll be to build a lasting career with us. We have many examples already of key leaders who joined us as graduates, with our graduate schemes as their springboard.
We are looking for talented, innovative and ambitious graduates to join our Financial Management Graduate Scheme from either early 2017 or from August 2017.
We are offering:
• A 3 year graduate training programme with a further two years commitment on successful completion of the scheme and post graduate study.
• Sponsorship to complete the CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy) professional accountancy qualification over the course of three years.
• Full financial sponsorship, a 'buddy' in your first year, a senior manager as a mentor, and a structured development programme.
• Excellent career prospects with opportunity to progress into senior management roles.
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
• A starting salary of £23,166 increasing up to £32,164 based on performance with 6-monthly reviews.
If you are looking to launch your career in the public sector and can offer what we're looking for, we'd welcome your application.
• 2.1 degree or equivalent.
• Proof of right to work in the UK, without the requirement of sponsorship.
• Demonstrable ambition to make a career in public service.
• Please can you state as part of your qualifications, your A-level or equivalent subjects taken, including grades.
As part of your application, please can you ensure that you answer the 3 key questions as stated on p.20 of the candidate information pack;
• Why did you apply for Hertfordshire County Council's graduate scheme and, if successful, what do you hope to achieve in this role over the next five years?
• What skills and experience do you possess to meet the person specification of Hertfordshire County Council's graduate scheme?
• What challenges do you think Hertfordshire County Council will face over the next 5 years?
Please copy and paste questions into the supporting statement text box. Applications will not be considered without these questions addressed.
For an informal discussion on the role, please contact Lindsey McLeod on Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01992 556431.
To apply please click here
For application queries, please contact Tania Noble on Tania.email@example.com or on 01992 556176.
Closing date: 30 October 2016.
£27,801 to £40,086 London Various
£20,248 to £23,290 plus Bonus Nationwide ASAP
£21000 to £35000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
competitive plus benefits Nationwide ASAP
competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
competitive plus benefits Central, Gloucester ASAP
£19k London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
£32,500 +£5,000 welcome bonus plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide
Competitive plus benefits London
£28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Scotland
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
£14,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£35,000 to £40,000 in first year plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London ASAP
£14,500 (per annum) London ASAP
£14,400 (per annum) London ASAP
£21,600 (per annum) London ASAP
£20,000 (per annum) London ASAP