Graduate Management Consultant/ Business Analyst - Nationwide
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Today, increasing globalisation, rapidly evolving technology and a changing generation of workers and customers are challenging business assumptions. These are the forces that are transforming the way organisations compete and innovate. At Cognizant, we call this the Future of Work - and it is no longer in the Future.
In Cognizant’s Consulting division, our clients engage with us to help them think and run differently to find new ways of meeting their customers’ needs and capitalising on our experience and insight in new industry thinking like the Future of Work concept.
We are looking for graduates to join our diverse and international colleagues within our Business and Technology Consulting teams who provide consulting services to our clients across industry sectors.
• Once assigned to a client engagement, you will work alongside experienced Cognizant professionals providing consulting activities in a variety of disciplines. Your first assignment could involve any combination of business requirements gathering and evaluation, process flow documentation and analysis, stakeholder assessment and management, or project management and governance.
• The role will involve travel within the UK to enable you to deliver solutions on the client account.
• By joining as a Graduate you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant employees on consulting assignments delivering solutions to our clients many of whom are well known brands. Throughout your first year we will closely monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support by our own Academy to help you achieve your long-term career goals at Cognizant. This program has very high visibility with our Executive team and provides you with a tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth within a structured and dynamic development programme.
What to expect
• You will receive up to 8 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
• The training is free, as is accommodation.
• Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance.
• Starting salary of £29,000 per annum post training
• Candidates benefit from industry recognised certifications including Prince2 Foundation and Business Analysis Foundation
• Prior to starting your client engagement, you will attend a 1 week Graduate Induction Program with Cognizant where you will learn about our history, vision and culture, our global delivery model and our processes, tools and methodologies (including the Cognizant 2.0 global collaboration & project management tool). You will receive training on client relationship management skills as well as technical training.
• Following the training, you will receive further orientation and training by the practice and client engagement you are aligned to who will encourage and support you working with our clients from very early on in your career and ensure that you have a mentor in place to support you.
• Throughout your first two years we will monitor your progress and offer bespoke training that will include soft skills development and training specific to your development needs.
Skills and competencies
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
• Min Bachelors degree 2:1 or above.
• Geographical flexibility throughout the UK
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to tight timelines and quality standards
• Good knowledge of the MS Office suite
• Willingness to travel and work away from home
The Personal traits that are required are:
• Flexibility: understands the need to adjust to situations that involve changing tasks and/or locations, shifting priorities or ambiguity
• Continuous learning: is self-driven with own development
• Building relationships and networking: establishes and starts to build own internal network
• Initiative-taking: is proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and is willing to take on responsibility. Presents solutions to problems not just the problems when seeking support
• Develops own sales ability: engages appropriately with Resourcing Manager
• Demonstration of living the Cognizant values
• Cross-cultural working
• Cultural sensitivity: adapts own ways of working, working pattern, language and consulting skills to match different working environments
Primarily we are looking for individuals who approach every task/role with a positive outlook and demonstrate the Cognizant values both internally and with our clients. Demonstrating the right and appropriate behaviors is paramount and you must understand the implication of your actions and act appropriately at all times.
• A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
• A comprehensive training programme
• An exciting international environment
• Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies
• Personal development in hard and soft skills
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Sign up for job alerts - its free