Graduate Legal Professional - Allen & Overy
- Northern Ireland, Belfast
- 1st February 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Operating in over thirty countries – and at the forefront of our industry – Allen & Overy is one of the world’s leading law firms. The work we do makes headlines, breaks new ground and sets precedents. Ambitious, creative and inclusive, we embrace new ways of thinking. That’s why we’ve been named the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times. By combining our strengths and investing in our team, we’ll provide you with the support required to unleash your potential.
Here, we’ll equip you with the skills to think differently and embrace an exciting future: one that’s filled with unique challenges, international projects and a broad range of opportunities. As a firm, we support an agile and flexible culture that is tailor made to help build rewarding careers. Bring exciting ideas to the table and we’ll help you make your voice heard. Demonstrate tenacity and we’ll show you a brave new world. If you want to make an impact and influence the future of law: It’s Time.
Legal Services Centre
Allen & Overy's Legal Services Centre (LSC) plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. The LSC is a key part of A&O's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by A&O throughout the world. We have created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish and achieve great things.
Legal Professionals (LPs) are the LSC’s most junior level of resource who operate as generalist lawyers across practice groups (Corporate, Banking, International Capital Markets and Litigation) on more basic, and often high volume, legal matters.
• Senior or managing Associates
• Senior LPs and Junior Associates
• Fellow LPs (working with peers as part of a team)
• Legal Technology and Project Management Office teams
• Document review
• Due diligence exercises (primarily extracting information)
• Company searches
• Joining product group-specific teams eg company incorporations and ICM checklists
• Legal research
• Becoming proficient in Litigation e-Discovery platforms
• Working with Legal Technology generally - testing/trialling tools and pipeline technology
• 2:1 in an undergraduate degree
• AAB at A-Level or equivalent
• Completing the LSC’s six week business law training module and passing the related exam OR currently a junior lawyer with relevant experience in another law firm or company
• A professional manner with high levels of commercial awareness, analytical skills and critical thinking
• Team player with appropriate interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
Allen & Overy
With 42 offices in 29 countries, our presence is amongst the largest of any legal practice. Nearly 70% of our work involves Allen & Overy offices in two or more jurisdictions and more than 50% involves at least three.
Sign up for job alerts - its free