Graduate Leadership Programme Team Leader - Manchester
Become a Leader with RSA’s Bright Futures Graduate Programme
Are you a Graduate looking for your next challenge?
We’re seeking an agile and naturally influential graduate who’s interested in developing as a team leader for our Client Operations Trading Team. As part of our Bright Futures Graduate Programme, we’ll support you to become a motivated and passionate leader, driving your team of underwriters to deliver excellent customer service. We’re looking for a problem solver who can disseminate complex information, while successfully managing relationships with multiple stakeholders. This role will be part of the Underwriting Centre Team, working face-to-face with team members daily, to drive delivery and improvements.
About our Bright Futures Graduate Programme
This unique Graduate programme contains a degree or masters level Apprenticeship to underpin your learning supporting you to achieve Chartered Manager or senior leader qualifications (current degree dependent) whilst giving you access to excellent benefits as part of your career development, including:
- Dedicated RSA mentor and talent coach
- Comprehensive development plan to include training of key skills
- Facilitated learning & development and guest speaker sessions
- Quarterly networking and community events
- Sessions on well-being and mental health
- Annual volunteering day as part of the programme’s giving back pledge
In this Apprenticeship role, we’ll support you to:
- Work face-to-face with the Underwriting team to ensure operational and trading targets are delivered
- Coach your team to increase their technical and trading capabilities, implementing continuous improvement across the Underwriting Centre
- Drive action through your effective negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders, working with the Underwriting Centre Leader to manage relationships
- Provide clear goals to improve the team’s sale and service standards
- Drive a high-performance culture through the quality of your team’s work
- Resolve complex customer queries and problems escalated by the team
- Achieve results efficiently, presenting data and messages clearly
- Enable the delivery of excellent customer service through effective workflow management and daily capacity planning
- Create a supportive and positive work environment that allows your team to thrive
Why work at RSA?
Because we’re more than just a corporate culture - and this is more than just a job.
Aside from being one of the world’s longest-standing general insurers providing peace of mind to individuals, families, small businesses, and large corporations, we pride ourselves in bringing together the brightest people from diverse backgrounds. Using our collective intelligence and shared vision, we find answers and deliver the very best work for our customers every day.
Being a part of RSA means being part of an inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community that allows people to feel and be their best. Joining us means being part of a company committed to transparency in the way we work. We use responsible business practices that not only span our investments, choice of suppliers and environmental impact, but how we engage with customers and employees.
What we need from you
We want your individualism, capability, and ambition to shine through. If you have a zest for learning and a willingness to invest time to become a highly qualified business Leader, then that’s a real advantage.
You will also need to be a Graduate who has obtained at least a 2.2 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent). The best skills to have for this role are:
- A strong desire to deliver consistent and effective customer outcomes
- Commercially astute
- The resilience, drive, and character to succeed in a matrix structure
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data to support operational delivery
- Successful stakeholder/relationship management, in a results-driven environment
- Excellent communication/coaching skills that drive high performance across teams
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to talk.
We give businesses the safety to thrive, with exceptional insurance products and a reliable claims service, driven by experts at every stage.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs manchester sales jobs manchester graduate leadership programme leader manchester rsa
People who applied for this job also applied for:
NEW Two Year Rotational Programme - Up to £80k
£25,000 + free accommodation, subsidised meals and laundry
East Midlands, Shirebrook
Graduate Recruitment Consultant (2021/2022)
23,000 to 35,000
Gravitas Recruitment Group
North West, Yorkshire, Leeds, Manchester
Graduate Leadership Programme Team Leader - Chelmsford
South East, Chelmsford
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
North West, Manchester
Graduate Programmes - EY
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
MDS Graduate Scheme
£22,000 to £23,000
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, International (Europe)