Graduate Leadership Programme Team Leader - Chelmsford
Become a Leader with RSA’s Bright Futures Graduate Programme
We’re seeking an agile and naturally influential Graduate who’s interested in developing as a team leader for our Client Services Team. As part of our Bright Futures Graduate Programme, we’ll support you to become a motivated and passionate leader, helping you to deliver excellent customer service. We’re looking for a problem solver who can disseminate complex information surrounding specialist insurance processing, while successfully managing relationships with multiple stakeholders. This role is in a flexible environment, so you’ll lead your team both face-to-face and virtually.
About our Bright Futures Graduate Programme
This unique Graduate programme contains a degree or Masters level Leadership Apprenticeship to underpin your learning supporting you to achieve Chartered Manager or senior leader qualifications whilst giving you access to excellent benefits as part of your career development, including:
- Dedicated RSA mentor and talent coach
- Comprehensive development plan to include training of key skills
- Facilitated learning & development and guest speaker sessions
- Quarterly networking and community events
- Sessions on well-being and mental health
- Annual volunteering day as part of the programme’s giving back pledge
In this apprenticeship role, we’ll support you to:
- Coach your team to reach their potential through individual training and development needs
- Drive action through your effective negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
- Manage the workload for you and your team, giving flexibility around special projects
- Lead wider business initiatives and projects
- Drive a high-performance culture through the quality of your team’s work
- Resolve complex customer queries and problems
- Manage the delivery of excellent customer service, monitoring performance against SLAs
- Maintain the standards for workflow, data capture and MI within your team
- Create a supportive and positive work environment that allows your team to thrive
Why work at RSA?
Because we’re more than just a corporate culture - and this is more than just a job.
Aside from being one of the world’s longest-standing general insurers providing peace of mind to individuals, families, small businesses, and large corporations, we pride ourselves in bringing together the brightest people from diverse backgrounds. Using our collective intelligence and shared vision, we find answers and deliver the very best work for our customers every day.
Being a part of RSA means being part of an inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community that allows people to feel and be their best. Joining us means being part of a company committed to transparency in the way we work. We use responsible business practices that not only span our investments, choice of suppliers and environmental impact, but how we engage with customers and employees.
What we need from you
We want your capability and ambition to shine through. If you have a zest for learning and a willingness to invest time to become a highly qualified business Leader, then that’s a real advantage.
You will also need to be a graduate who has obtained at least a 2.2 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
The best skills to have for this role are:
- A strong desire to deliver consistent and effective customer outcomes
- Commercially astute
- The resilience, drive, and character to succeed in a matrix structure
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data to support operational delivery
- Successful stakeholder/relationship management, in a results-driven environment
- Excellent communication/coaching skills that drive high performance across teams
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to talk.
We give businesses the safety to thrive, with exceptional insurance products and a reliable claims service, driven by experts at every stage.