Graduate & Leadership Development Scheme
The Rider Firm Graduate Scheme - A Unique Entry Into The Cycling
We are a small business and members of our team have to be adaptable but also have great opportunities to take the initiative, gain experience and excel in many different areas.
We have found that dipping your toes in and working with all different parts of the business is crucial to helping you perform at your best. You will have the chance to discover and perform the daily tasks of pretty much everyone in the business. After that, you will have the chance to follow your own path and further develop into a specific role which fits both yourself and the business as a whole.
Key skill areas of our business which we are often looking to recruit for include:
- Product design
- Operations & purchasing
- Customer service
- Management & leadership
On top of the work, our family of riders goes on all kinds of rides on a
weekly basis, whether it's Summer or Winter! Turnbar Tuesdays are our
regular mountain bike rides that often visit little mountain bike
heavans like Surrey Hills, Whiteways, Redlands, Friston Forrest or
Stanmer Park. On the less gnarly side, we also have the Flarebar
Thursdays which are the gravel alternative with beatiful routes starting
right on our doorstep. For example, the Downslink linking to the
beautiful South Downs.
You'll also have the chance to go to cycling shows and various events
where you can see the latest and greatest from the cycling industry and
possibly get your hands on tech that nobody else can (at least not for
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are ready to work together across our whole Rider Firm team – helping each other out is essential!
- Are someone who will work within the Rider Firm Values.
- Have a minimum 2:1 degree (If you don't have a degree - GCSE/A Level
plus experience and a proven desire to develop leadership skills)
We like to find better ways to work together.
We know that a motivated, satisfied and bike focused team is the key to creating the best products for devoted riders. TheRiderFirm team member benefits can include:
- A welcoming, open, innovative and ideas driven environment.
- Our cycle product design and marketing is fuelled by ideas and feedback from every team member.
- Flexible and tailored working hours, including support for riding, racing and family requirements.
- Working from home or, when reasonable, even from another continent (Josh worked from New Zealand for the winter).
- Group rides.
- Encouragement to commute by bike.
- Our location = Great work/riding/life balance with countryside, lanes, the South Downs, Brighton & Horsham Towns all close by.
- Heavily discounted bikes, parts, clothing and accessories (You'll not be short of free HUNT bike clothing and wheels).
- Generous annual bonus (29% of salary in 2016) to reward the whole team
as we achieve our goals.
How to Apply
Deadline: 16th October 2020
Please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) to Careers@TheRiderFirm.CC
The positions will be filled as soon as we find the right applicants
so please apply ASAP.
To help us find the best match between you and any potential roles here at HUNT | The Rider Firm it is important to please include in the email/CV:
- Graduate & Leadership Development Role in your email subject line
- Your expected salary range
- The hours you would like to work
- If applicable, current salary
- Your address and phone number.
- Grades for any qualifications such as GCSE/O-level/A-Level/Degree.
- Relevant professional experience.
- And of course we are bike geeks so want to hear about your love of riding and all things bike! Please tell us about your riding; how long have you been riding, what type of riding do you do, which bikes you own, what events you have done/are planning to do, how you feel about riding.
Serving riders is how we will succeed (if not we will cease to exist). Being a supportive family of riders is essential for us to achieve this.
We show true decency to each other. We work towards the best future for riders and people inside and outside of The Rider Firm.
We are riders with incredible ambition and talents. The potential of an idea and how well it serves riders is what matters – a well sustained company with a long-term view will be the outcome.
We are restlessly innovative. We only make a product if it’s better than our competitors. We are able to act fast. We learn on small test-runs while understanding the big potential and build for a sustainable business. We know that waiting for perfection can stop us getting better.
We are spending the riders' hard-earned money.
We Are Grateful
To riders, each other, industry partners & the wider community. Pay it
The Rider Firm
TheRiderFirm exists to create and distribute cutting-edge performance bike products for devoted riders like you
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate leadership development scheme rider
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Ford Credit Europe
South East, London, North West, Manchester
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
2Lloyds Banking Group
£24,000 to £28,000
2Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester