|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Science & Technology,|
OxFORD Asset Management operates a large scale infrastructure across multiple international sites. Our experienced and collaborative team tackles a wide range of technologically challenging problems to support our global trading infrastructure and scientific computing requirements. Our focus is on scalable, robust and well-thought-out engineering solutions. This is your chance to see how a multi-billion dollar quantitative trading firm operates. We’re looking for enthusiastic, reliable and bright candidates with a computer science/engineering background to fulfil challenging technical roles within a friendly and dedicated team.
We use the following technologies:
• Linux. Linux. And more Linux.
• Devops: Ansible for configuration management.
• Scripting: bash, Python, Perl.
• Arista and Cisco Nexus Switching: data centre scale deployments.
• Network protocols: OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, Diffserv, Ethernet, IPSec.
• Petabyte storage systems (Isilon, Netapp). Highly available with disaster recovery.
• XML/XSLT/JSON. We manage our inventory using these data formats.
• Software builds. We maintain a number of optimised scientific computing libraries.
• HPC. We run a powerful compute cluster with high performance network interconnects.
• Web infrastructure for data analytics and visualization.
• PostgreSQL for databases.
As a graduate within the infrastructure team. You will:
• Work closely with other members of our experienced engineering team to expand and deploy new infrastructure, solve operational issues and communicate new requirements.
• Intelligently monitor and maintain systems to ensure 24/7 uptime by understanding the technology involved and how all systems fit together.
• Know if systems are working optimally and be able to diagnose faults and address them, working with vendors and other internal teams.
• Manage day-to-day resources (capacity planning, user and ACL changes, user-requested resource creation etc).
Support and Development
We will provide you with:
• A supportive environment as a member of a small team.
• On-the-job training advice and support around all the technologies in use.
• Exposure to a wide range of infrastructure and technologies.
Life at OxFORD Asset Management
We work in the centre of Oxford in flagship redeveloped offices. We have bespoke facilities supported by state of the art communications and technology systems. The space is designed to foster an interactive working environment between teams. We enjoy socialising and we come to work in jeans.
We offer a challenging yet highly rewarding career path. You will receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package alongside a competitive salary and discretionary performance related bonus.
To apply for this job please click on the "Apply Now" button.
£23,500 + Benefits Nationwide ASAP
£32,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
£23,500 + Benefits Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Bracknell, London, Central 1-Sep-2017
competitive plus benefits Central, Oxford ASAP
£20,000 (per annum) London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
£30,490 rising to £32,963 after 1 year London ASAP
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire ASAP
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£25,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits Leeds, Yorkshire ASAP
£22000 to £26000 per annum depending on experience plus stock options plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£20K to £22K starting OTE 1st year £30k plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus Liverpool, North West, Carlisle, Chester, Manchester, Warrington ASAP
£20,000 (£45,000 OTE) plus benefits London ASAP
£25,000 to £45,000 plus OTE London, Central London ASAP
C£22,500 to C£24,000 London, Central London 1-Aug-2017
£26,000 to £30,000 South East, London, Central London, Chelmsford ASAP