Graduate Headhunter - Quant, Data and Technology Into Us Hedge Funds
Maiden Marc Associates are currently working with an exciting start-up headhunting firm based out of North London specialising in placing senior quantitative finance, big data and technology professional into top tier US Hedge Funds.
Founded in late 2017, they have built a carefully curated portfolio of clients; spanning the most advanced high growth technology start-ups, scientific led investment managers through to the most recognisable tech powerhouses at the forefront of digital.
Seeing a massive growth in the incoming mandates across their client base, this close-knit team of four (two founding Partners and two graduates brought on board in 2019) are currently looking to add several junior hires to the business to capitalise on this opportunity. This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing company in a cutting edge, buoyant and ever-expanding market sector while getting hands-on training and personal development from the Partners directly.
The business has aggressive plans to scale on the ground into the US next year offering candidates the option to progress quickly either in the UK or America leading to the chance to grow your own team, move to the US or build a market/office in the UK.
This is a genuine opportunity to join a very warm desk with strong client demand – most of their clients have a virtually unlimited headcount for certain roles, the challenge is finding the engineers that meet their bar and as such, a lot of the day is spent on candidate outreach strategies. Because of this, deal sizes are substantial, and it is entirely possible for a top-performing graduate to bill $700K+ in year 2.
Basic salaries start at £18,000, quickly moving to £20,000 and £25,000 with hitting basic development milestones in your first 12 months. They also offer an incredibly generous/leading commission scheme that starts at 20% with no threshold and raises uncapped up to 40% of all billings meaning the ability to realistically earn in excess of £50,000 year one and £100,000 year two (as demonstrated by their current 2019 hires).
They also pride themselves on their internal Incentives schemes that includes:
- Company-sponsored Deliveroo lunches for ‘Player of the Week’ & expense vouchers for ‘Player of the Month’
- A quarterly office-based target for an all-expense-paid trip to a Michelin star/fine dining experience
- A Watch Target where the overall highest biller in the company will get to purchase a luxury watch of their choice with a potential value up to £25,000 based on billings
- An annual based billing target to for a companywide all-expenses-paid luxury holiday… locations to include - Miami, Vegas, NYC, Ibiza, Marbella, Courcheval and more…!
Covering the US market, their office hours and way of operating are a little different from most other firms in the headhunting space. They typically start from 10:30am and work to 7pm (with a 5:30pm finish on Fridays) and given the nature of the role they rely heavily on phone/video calling relationship-building requiring someone with a high level of phone-based resilience to be successful. In addition, being based in North London, most of the firm drives into the office, so the ability to commute to Zone 4 North is essential for when the UK resumes in office work.
The right candidate to take advantage of this opportunity will likely:
- Come from a good university with a 2:1 or above
- Have overachieved on the sporting field throughout University
- Come from a sales background or have the ability to move into a fast-paced recruitment and sales-type role
- Great rapport and network-building skills and are not afraid to get on the phone talking to candidates and clients in the USA
- A genuine for success and a real drive to take their career and earning potential into their own hands
- Be able to commute to Zone 4 North London and happy to work on US market hours
If you are a money-hungry and tenacious graduate who matches the points above and are looking for a career that is as rewarding as it is challenging, send your CV through.
Maiden Marc Associates
Our consultants work in vertical sectors within the recruitment market from Banking and Financial Services to IT, Digital Media, Legal and Energy.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :sales jobs london recruitment jobs london graduate headhunter quant technology hedge funds recruitment sales headhunting commission resourcer trainee telesales executive b2b business development kpi maiden marc associates
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Foxtons Trainee Estate Agent
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car
Recruitment Consultant - London
20000 to 50000
G2V Recruitment Group Ltd
Human Resources – NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
NEW Trainee Recruitment Consultant 2020 - Central London
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Trainee Mortgage Advisor
£23,000 + CeMap qualifications + commission
London, Chiswick, Gunnersbury