Our client runs international PR campaigns for technology businesses. They specialise in adtech, fintech and cleantech businesses.
This is a 3 month internship based in Dalston paying between £18K-£20K Per Annum with a view to moving into a permanent graduate position.
How you can expect to spend your day;
• Supporting the teams on their out reach to media including:
• Researching how a topic has hit the headlines and summarising key stories
• Taking notes on calls/meetings and drafting recap emails
• Researching and creating media lists
• Evaluating and showing off our coverage in creative ways
• Carrying out social media evaluations
• Getting quotes and commissioning suppliers
• Helping to brainstorm ideas
• Writing email pitches and - in due course - pitching stories
• Drafting editorial copy; press releases, blogs, features, by-lines
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications;
• Proactive and productive
• Team player with the desire to get stuck in from day one
• Brilliant organisational skills
• Able to keep on top of a fast-moving to-do list
• Great attention to detail
• Friendly, can-do attitude
• Problem solving skills
• Bright and dynamic
• Experience or interest in PR, media, current affairs, finance / fintech, data, technology a real plus
• Strong A levels and minimum 2:1 degree (English and Modern Languages have strong advantages)
• Post grad PR or journalism a bonus
• Grammatical excellence
• Additional languages ideal but not essential. (esp. Spanish and German)
• Confident strong communicator, orally and in writing
• Experience at producing content (written or otherwise, not just academic writing) also an advantage
• Able to use word and excel
• Canny online researching skills - able to present findings in a clear and compelling way
• Able to work to deadlines - that is what PR is all about!
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• We are built on a collaborative ethos so it is real team work.
• We are a smaller team (15) so there are genuine opportunities for hands on experience.
• We have full-team training EVERY Friday (lunch provided).
• We work on a variety of clients from start-ups to listed businesses. Technology is the most exciting sector to work in.
• Our international outreach from our London office means it is an extremely dynamic environment.
• Linguists get genuine opportunities to use their languages, every day.
• We are based in Dalston and do plenty of team socialising!
Questions for applicants to think about:
• Why do you want to get into PR?
• What is PR - how would you explain it to your gran?
• Why do you have the right skills and personality for PR?
• How do you stay plugged-in to the world around you?
• Can you give us an example of when you solved a problem or when you came up with a creative idea?
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£22,000 with realistic OTE of £50,000+ plus stock options plus benefits plus expenses London, Singapore, United States, Netherlands ASAP
£25000 to £35000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme London 3-Jul-2018
£23000 to £25000 per annum plus OTE London ASAP
£20k basic. Realistic £33k OTE plus OTE North West, Manchester ASAP
Graduate Luxury Travel Consultant - Exeter - £20k starting salary + up to £10k targeted bonus + career opportunity
Competitive South West, Nationwide, Exeter ASAP