|Salary:||£21,268 rising to £24,964 after two years|
|Location:||South West, Gloucester|
|Sectors:||Accounting, Banking, Public Sector, Finance|
Launch your finance career in the public sector
Gloucestershire County Council has a gross annual budget of around £798 million and employs more than 3,000 people. Our challenge is to ensure no money goes to waste and to minimise the impact on front line services within the constraints of public service funding.
Our graduate scheme will develop your leadership and expertise to provide the sound financial management and advice that is critical to effective local government. Our previous graduate trainees have risen successfully within the organisation, either staying in finance or moving to very senior posts in other departments.
What we need from you…
• You will be graduating in 2018, or will have graduated within the previous two years, with a 2:1 in any discipline.
• You will have a real desire to work in the public sector and the
ambition to make a difference to the organisation.
• Your ability to analyse information, problem solve and challenge the norm will be complemented by your ability to engage with people and build good working relationships.
What you’ll get in return…
You can expect to be consistently well supported within a structured programme of development with six-month placements across a range of finance functions and service areas. We aim for our training scheme to be one of the best in local government and you will be fully funded to complete your professional accountancy qualification over a 3 year period.
Gloucestershire is a great place to live and work, from the beautiful Cotswolds to its vibrant, multi-cultural city of Gloucester. As well as being the gateway to the south-west, it is well connected to the rest of the country and within easy travelling distance of London.
• To learn more about us and these posts, visit our website
www.gloucestershire.gov.uk and watch our graduate video on Youtube.
• Open to any degree discipline
• £21,268 rising to £24,964 after two years, plus pay awards
£19,000 rising to £30,000 + Benefits South East 1-Apr-2018
£26,250 plus benefits London 1-Sep-2018
No less than £18,000 plus benefits Nottingham, East Midlands 1-Sep-2018
£20,000 + bonuses increasing to £25,000 after training plus Bonus London, Central London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various