Graduate Finance Support - Capgemini
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
I HEART thinking innovatively. I ACE high-profile challenges.
I HEART delivering on time. I ACE commercial pressure.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be part of the graduate community on our flagship “IT Services” account, working across all aspects of the finance team as you rotate throughout the teams to understand how the finance community can drive business value. Your role also includes a rotation within our Audit & Quality team, who provide an independent examination of business process and risk.
The Focus of Your Role
As a member of the finance team, you will need excellent numerical skills, strong analytical skills, and an ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, with finance and non-finance colleagues. You will rotate throughout the finance team in order to gain insight into all aspects of how finance drive and deliver business value. Your time with the Audit & Quality team will provide you with an excellent insight into the overall working of Capgemini, including an understanding of our statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements with our client.
What you’ll learn
- What the role of a finance business partner is, how to engage with key stakeholders, and how to challenge them to deliver change and value.
- How to prepare of monthly management accounts; set rolling forecasts and budgets; and complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- How to produce, interpret, and present detailed monthly reporting.
- How to understand business risk factors with a view to identifying potential risks and issues which affect business performance.
- How to prepare and support external Audits and ISO (International Organisation of Standardisation) Audits.
What you’ll bring
- You will hold, or be working towards a degree, with evidence of numerical proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of proactively interacting with various stakeholders inside and outside of the finance function.
- An ability to prioritise workloads in a pressured environment and capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Motivation and a desire to accelerate and drive your own career forward with our support.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- What we’ll offer you
Professional development – you will pursue a formal qualification as a Chartered Accountant and you will also have the opportunity to gain qualifications in relevant Audit / ISO standards. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and
eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual
orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or
pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and
retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions
for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone
to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies
enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life
Click here to apply today!
Capgemini UK Plc
At Capgemini, we give you options – and the freedom to achieve your ambitions your way.
Capgemini UK Plc Interview Reviews
26 March 2018
This was the telephone interview which was split into three parts; technology questions, competency questions and then logistics. So for the technology questions I was asked...
05 February 2018
Telephone Interview around 30 mins - This consisted of a set of comptency questions which I had to give real (and different) example. Example questions.. Tell me about a time...
11 November 2017
This was a telephone interview, and it lasted about 45 minutes. I was given a call on my phone to let me know that they will call me on Skype. Then the person went through my...
Sign up for job alerts - its free