Graduate Field Service Engineer (C, C++, C#) - Malton, Yorkshire
- circa £23,000 plus benefits.
- Yorkshire, York
- Apply by:
- 5th August 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our client specialises in supplying innovative control systems technology across a range of industry sectors. They are currently looking to expand the team at their facility in North Yorkshire, offering the chance for an Engineering graduate to join their team filling a Graduate Field Service Engineer job focussing on delivering software solutions.
This will not be your typical 9-5 role, you’ll get to know and understand the existing hardware and how it works almost as much as the software so you know how they work together to create the end result. Around 50% of your time will be based on customer sites undertaking installations around the world and the rest in the office delivering remote software modifications and preparing for future installations. You will be responsible for finding and fixing troublesome software errors whilst also adapting it to exciting new hardware or overall performance optimisation.
• Educated to degree level in Engineering
• Excellent knowledge of C or C++ or C# and a passion to develop these software skills throughout your career.
• Solid understanding of software engineering principles and design patterns
• Familiarity with SCADA Control Systems and Programming I/O Devices.
• Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Full driving license required
Salary: circa £23,000 plus benefits.
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire (commutable from York, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Harrogate)
Sign up for job alerts - its free