Graduate Engineer - Vehicle Certification Agency
- £26,155 to £27,045
- South East, South West, West Midlands, Bristol, Nuneaton, Bedford
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Would you like to kick start your graduate career by working on challenging projects that will bring you closer to Chartered Engineer status? How about doing so at the forefront of vehicle technology, working with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry? Then you’ll relish this opportunity with the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
Our Graduate Scheme is an exciting four year training programme. Across
a carefully designed series of placements, plus plenty of formal and
on-the-job training, you will hone your skills, knowledge and experience
alongside world-class experts.
You can expect to:
• spend the first two years discovering all the different areas within VCA, while gaining first-hand experience of the automotive industry
• run technical projects, work at vehicle testing laboratories, and visit heavy vehicle and car manufacturers
• build your understanding of how legislation is produced, and the impact it has - for example, in terms of systems introduced into vehicles
• get in-depth insights into how vehicles are designed and manufactured
• gain a permanent role with us after the first two years, while we continue to give you plenty of support
• after four years, find yourself in a position to gain Chartered status and continue to advance your career with VCA
We are the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority, with over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We offer career advancement opportunities for every level of capability, as well as flexible working patterns, paid overtime and allowances. As we operate globally, you could find yourself taking on a graduate placement overseas, and perhaps even progressing to a posting in one of our offices in Europe, U.S.A, Japan, China, South Korea, Malaysia, India or Australia.
To join us you’ll need to have or expect at least a 2:2 in an IMechE
accredited degree, plus a driving licence valid for the UK. You already
know how to use mechanical engineering knowledge to optimise the
application of technology, and to solve engineering problems in theory
and practice. Here, you’ll learn to apply those skills in a leadership
role, working with emerging technology - so we’ll also expect you to be
ambitious and good with people.
Click the apply button below to submit your applicaiton for this role.
Sign up for job alerts - its free