Job Title: Graduate Engineer, STEM educated
Location: South Ruislip
Salary: £30k basic salary + £2k OTE
NEC is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, and has devoted more than 100 years to providing innovative technologies for everyday use.
NEC have established the Global Open Radio Access Network (RAN) Center of Excellence (CoE) in the U.K. to accelerate the global adoption of Open RAN and to further strengthen its structure for accelerating the global deployment of 5G.
This new CoE is responsible for business and solution development, product development support, project execution and technical support for NEC's global Open RAN business. The CoE helps communication service providers (CSP) introduce Open RAN worldwide through its in-depth knowledge of wireless technology and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) businesses, as well as NEC's experience in supporting large scale Open RAN commercial deployment in Japan. It will also form the backbone of NEC's global project delivery capability, building on the company's long-term experience in communication network deployment, including wireless networks, across the globe.
NEC are now looking for dynamic, STEM educated graduates to join their Graduate Engineer Programme based within the Global Open RAN Centre of Excellence.
- A competitive basic salary of £30,000!
- Y1 total package of £32,000!
- Excellent progression, learning and development potential
- Regular team socials in a welcoming, inclusive environment
- Fantastic training programme and on-going support
- Lucrative bonus and incentive schemes
- Hybrid working
NEC Graduate Programme is a 12-month programme, providing four three-month placements in the following departments within the Global Open RAN Centre of Excellence:
- Research and prepare for customer presentations an internal communication of complex engineering solutions
- Business analysis of customer requirements and exposure to ongoing and new proposals
- Investigate reported field issues and contribute to root cause analysis
- Communicate design stakeholders, feature requests, roadmap adjustments and contribute to the improvement of the overall solution
- Discuss and analyse customer requirements and document accordingly
- Gain exposure to customers at proof-of-concept stage leading to first office application
Implementation and Operations:
- Involvement in the configuration management of the solution, ensuring clear concise and efficient work methods are adhered to
- Work with Operations to understand the single point of contact to support processes and systems
At the end of the placement you will be allocated to one of the departments mentioned above.
- Educated to degree level in a STEM related subject preferably Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or IT
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for understanding IT software and systems
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed
Pareto Law values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
If you require this job specification or to apply in an alternate format, please visit the Pareto website.
We shape future sales leaders, combining assessment, training, accreditation and on-going support to all our university leavers, delivering the Pareto Effect on your graduate career.
Pareto Law Interview Reviews
13 July 2015
I applied to Pareto through their website-I did apply for a specific role but I cannot remember what this was now. Within a day or so, I was left a voicemail from a very pleasant...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate engineer pareto law
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Engineering Graduate Programme
£28,000 starting salary
East Midlands, West Midlands, Hereford, Brackley, Croughton
Graduate Machine Learning Engineer – paid to train
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Manufacturing Engineer Graduate - January 2023
BAE Systems PLC
North West, Barrow-in-Furness
Business Analyst Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Engineering/Operations Graduate – Future Leaders Programme 2022 (J002475)
Sims Metal Management
Operational Excellence Graduate - January 2023
BAE Systems PLC
North West, Barrow-in-Furness