|Location:||South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT|
Are you a graduate interested in a career in Software Development Engineering?
Founded in 1994 and with offices across the globe, Cognizant joined the Fortune 1000 in 2007 and has been on the Forbes "Fast Tech" list for every year since.
To continue to fuel our growth and provide clients with the quality service they expect, it’s no wonder why we place so much emphasis on graduate recruitment!
From our beginning in 1994, Cognizant has grown to over $13 billion in revenues. We are ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Your ongoing career development is critical to our success. Offerings
• A comprehensive residential new hire training program followed by on-client assignment
• Multiple career options within a variety of different Business Units and Centers of Excellence
• A performance-based work culture
• Collaborative teams with hands-on experience and mentorship
• Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as DDD,
• Design and implement event driven cloud native microservices architecture using CloudFoundry
• Design and implement fault tolerant microservices using Spring boot and Spring cloud – service versioning, reuse, discovery, configuration, security, monitoring
• Working with document based NoSQL database systems – MarkLogic
• Working with log based messaging solutions - Kafka
• Applying domain driven design techniques such as event storming, event shunting
• End to end solution delivery, responsible for designing solutions, writing code, tests cases, executing test cases, automating build, test and deployment, environment provisioning and configuration
• Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
• Ensure focussed understanding of key areas of the product and related technologies within the team
• Help promote innovation, best in class execution and exploration of new ideas as a culture
• Liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues
• Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design
• Active participation in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team
• Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
• Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
What to Expect
• You will receive up to 8 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting
held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
• The training is free, as is accommodation.
• Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance.
• Starting salary of £29,000 per annum post training
• Candidates benefit from industry recognised certifications (where applicable)
Skills and competencies
• STEM Bachelor's degree, 2.1 and above.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills and previous programming knowledge in industry or at university, preferably Java.
• Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
• Candidates must be geographically flexible
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
• A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services
• A comprehensive training program
• A challenging international environment
• Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies
• We work with the best of the best - a representative client list is available on our website - and offer a highly competitive basic salary + additional benefits.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 218,000 employees as of June 30, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£27,000 Nationwide ASAP
£23,500 to £26,500 Nationwide ASAP
£30,000 South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£20,000 to 25,000 depending on experience London ASAP
Competitive North West, Manchester ASAP
£33,005 to £40,505 depending on experience London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£18,000 to £28,000k plus benefits London Various